Atkins Diet

Put those guys in the off season in street clothes and they almost appear "fat".

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, they smooth out for sure. You gotta eat a lot to make muscle. It's actually not healthy to stay that ripped all the time.

Tweny years ago, I would go into McDonald's and order two Big Macs, one Filet-O-Fish, large fries and a large Dr. Pepper. Then I'd finish off with one of those little apple pies.

Can easily eat two 1' longs from Subway or Quizznos for lunch. I can knock off an 8 egg omelet, with 4 pcs. of toast, bowl or 2 of oatmeal & a couple of glasses of whole milk. With that I am snacking constantly while I work. I take pride in working 20 something wannabes into the dirt. Climbing or dragging brush.....I ain't making this chit up! Resting heart rate is below 50 most times I check it.

Don't understand how some one who climbs & does other tree related work can get fat.
But a lot of folks here don't work full days. Which I understand is why some choose to own their own bizz...so they can make that choice.

I find most of the twenty somethings I work with are lazy and slow. Nobody takes pride in putting a hard day's work in. We have guys that will nap any chance they get regardless who can see them. Useless.

We have guys that will nap any chance they get regardless who can see them. Useless.

Those guys bug the shit out of me. I don't like working with guys who party so hard they don't get but a few hours sleep before they come in. Most times they're still halfway loaded or hungover.

Jeez, pissed up drunk climbers.

I had an English coworker pass out cold, sleeping after a night of booze and lots o cocaine.

Here in Texas I had a really nice guy come work for me..... he started to crash as he was still on methadone.... passed out cold in the tree.

It is just plain healthy. We eat way too many carbs. It wrecks your energy cycle, etc.

I need to cut way back myself.

I lean more direction primal than atkins, but not a big difference (I don't think). Main thing is kick out those carbs and eat lots of food with yummy, healthy proteins and fats.

Anything will fatten you up, if you eat more of it, than you use for energy.

I eat loads of bread, pasta and veggies/fruit, and hardly any protein.

So according to Mr. Atkins theories, I should be a complete blimp.

Yet I weigh the same as I did when I was 21 and in fighting trim, and haven't changed my pant size since then.

I could never minimize my potato intake, might switch from hash browns to mashed for awhile. The tendency to carry a little extra weight depends on how much i am riding my bike.

Or take it to the next level - the caveman diet:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleolithic_diet

I try to watch my carb intake but it's tough. I find when I'm working a lot I don't focus too much on my diet I just pound whatever is convenient. When I get some time off I think more about it and can get into salad mode pretty easy. The late night carb load is no good for me, and the $3 starbuck coffee drinks got to kick that habit.

jp:D

Yet another fad diet.

When it really is so simple:

Eat the same amount of calories that you burn off!

How frigging hard is that to figure out?

I think it really is more complicated than that, Stig. Just like not all trees grow well in the same types of soil, I believe not all people process the same foods in the same way. I have no proof of this and certainly this thinking is not endorsed by the medical community but it would explain a lot. Some people just don't do well on foods that others thrive on.

I'm not speaking of doing well, but of getting fat.

It is physically impossible to get fat if you ingest less calories than you burn.

As for the rest, I believe you are right.

A good example is the inability of most of the earth's population to digest lactose.

I just tend to get a little peed off when told that you have to eat lots of protein and fats to function, when I've managed to handle one of the hardest jobs there is + doing martial arts at top level my whole adult life on a vegetarian diet.

Back