Atkins Diet

Cyclist training is big on heart rate monitoring. A book I have by one of the premier trainers, goes into the use of the monitor rather extensively. He sees it as the most direct connection to stamina, is what I gather. Some pretty evolved gizmos on the market now.

your right cycling is great for cardio and some strength traning as well depending on the terrain you ride I am an avid moutnain biker but I like riding the road as well for those long winded rides:big-jump:

And isn't that what I said?

No "maybes" to it. My beef is how he call himself "natural." Once you've geared up, you're NEVER natural, no matter how long you stay clean. And FTR, I have no problem with people using steroids.

Dang! It's been longer than I thought! :\:

Yes, and isn't that what I said you said? :D

No, no maybes about it but I guess my poorly made point was maybe he used roids in the 80s but he is twice the size now that he was in the 80s. The majority of his bulk was put on after any tom foolery with a needle.

I miss working out at Hyde Park Gym with folks like Dave but now it is mostly man hating dykes, fags, and wanna be power lifters - no thanks. I miss the daze of working out in a good 'ol spit and fart muscle building gym. Heck, I miss working out..... I have lost almost 30lbs (of muscle) in the last 3 yrs. :cry:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
And you'll continue to lose 6lbs of muscle every decade, unless you do something about it.

Yup, just got back from 24hr Fitness.

I hate the big box gym but my local gym ain't what it used to be.... plus the membership was cheap.

Yeah, I am gonna get back to banging the weights. Losing muscle was fun at first - my run time improved in a crazy way.

I need the weights for my appetite. No lifting, no hunger. I also lost so much weight because I got to feeling sorry for myself after losing my mom.

THC makes a lot of folks hungry... pfft. Just make me forget to eat even more ;)

For some reason, Metamucil scares most people, never understood why - it's great stuff.

I'm cutting out milk and carbonated drinks for 4 weeks and seeing what happens.

I normally drink 3 gallons+ a week of milk. Normally I drink coke with my Sonic/Wendy's/Taco Bell. At sit down resturants, which is my usual eatery, I order water and keep the server busy. I also drink a couple cans when I have cheese and crackers.

I wish I would have taken a pick too... but I have several of me and the kid, etc. It was actually looking at myself in a pic that made me think WTF!!! Gain!! I never though I would be here. In my mid 30s I expected to be fighting off a gut... not trying to gain. But, I guess like most folks who climb trees, we are all here because we're not all there.

4 weeks ago I was 145... up to 150 and started hitting the weights..... hoping to hit 165-170 again but not too soon. ;)

Carl... I wish you luck with the milk thing. A buddy of mine cut out dairy as he is a milkaholic and it really helped him lean out.

Me, I could even give up meat (gasp) but no way I could give up milk and cheese.

Thanks, Nate. :)

3 gallons a week is 324k calories a year. 324k calories can make 92.5lbs of fat if you don't burn it off. Add Hershey's/cereal/chocolate/breakfast and it goes way up.

I don't plan to cut milk forever, just seeing what 4 weeks will do, hopefully gain some perspective.

Milk is for babies, seriously. It's only purpose is to put on weight. Skim's alright, but I gave that up for 2% cheese.

Back