ART Cacoon

• Thread starter Climbinfool.
  • Start date
  • Replies 22
  • Views 2K
C

Climbinfool.

when negative blocking down wood sometimes I will use a DRT system with a adjustable crotch around the trunk rather than a SRT system. the biggest problem depending on the run, is rope twist. Has anybody tried using the Cocoon attached to the prusik to see if this might solve the issue ? Besides having many other uses, it looks like it would solve the problem.

Greg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no, But I will get some for ya unless someone beats me to it.

Seems like it might be similar, doesn't it Dave :).

Seriously, Greg...I'm not seeing what the problem with the R&R adjustable friction saver is. Where's the twist being generated, and expressing itself?

Burnham R&R: I have never used one of those if it's the one I'm thinking of. I'm to cheap ! :roll:

Burnham R&R: I have never used one of those if it's the one I'm thinking of. I'm to cheap ! :roll:

I just meant ring and ring, Greg...I thought that's what you indicated you were using in your original post.

The Cocoon doesnt have a swivel or anything to eliminate twist in the climbing line.

Although a combined Swivel/Cocoon would be awesome. :D

I just meant ring and ring, Greg...I thought that's what you indicated you were using in your original post.

Yes, your basically correct. However, I use a biner on one end.... here is a pic.... #1 FC.jpg Since rings want to sit flat on the trunk when repelling, I'm thinking the Cocoon would be apt to align itself being it's round and on the prusik side. Hell, I don't know. Burnham, I know we discussed this quite some time ago and I think you added a biner to the ring.

I don't use my Cocoon anymore Greg. You can have it if you want.
Dave I might take you up on that. I know you told me you had one a year or two ago. Let me know what you want for it.

Yes, your basically correct. However, I use a biner on one end.... here is a pic....View attachment 40261 Since rings want to sit flat on the trunk when repelling, I'm thinking the Cocoon would be apt to align itself being it's round and on the prusik side. Hell, I don't know. Burnham, I know we discussed this quite some time ago and I think you added a biner to the ring.

Yeah, that's right...I set it like this. Pic shows a doubled line rappel on an RQ3, but the AFS rigging is the same with DRT. Keeps the biner standing proud, retreival ball or knot or whatever you use slides freely through.

Attachments

• Dcp_0906.jpg
    Dcp_0906.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 15
And you have no problem with rope twisting on longer repel ? I guess I could clip a biner in the ring. I'm just trying to eliminate one more piece of hardware.

Dave I might take you up on that. I know you told me you had one a year or two ago. Let me know what you want for it.

Goddamn. What part of have ain't clear. I dont use it no more you take it, it'll all come round at one point or another.

Fine ! Ship it free too than.:P

I cant imagine what would cause your rope to twist on you. I have been using that set up for years and I have never once had a problem with my rope twisting unless it was caused by my friction hitch. If it was caused by my hitch, it would twist all the time and not just when using an AFC in that setup.

Back