Anyone used this, Arborol.

Canada is one of the worst if not the worst I beleive for per capita consumption of natural resources. We're bad.:evil:

Well damn Squish you gotta do some thing .There are parts of the north country that doesn't thaw until June and freezes in September .:O

I don't think bar oil poses any enviromental hazard as such, because when flung from the bar, the particles are small enough to be easily broken down by bacteria.
The oil that slops over, when you fill your saw, and pools on the forest floor is another matter.

Speaking of inviro stuff ,here's one . According to a buddy of mine who once owned a bar ,any spill of beer over 5 gallons is considered a haz mat type of thing .

Good grief I've peed more Budweiser than that over a course of a week end in my really heavy beer consumption days .:lol: You are only a middleman in a manner of speaking .

Besides... Unlike the guy cutting in the water we don't run our saws in streams or rivers or lakes here. We basically pull the tree over away from or out of the water before we cut .
What was he French or something? HAHAHA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, I didn't mean to start an enviomental thread, but I do try and recycle and not cause any damage to nature.

The real reason I asked was that we remove a lot of palms, mainly Cocas. Full of water, they wreck saws & rust chains unless you wash them down nearly straight away. In the last part of the video they showed it cleaned as well.

If my sample turns up I'll let you all know what I find out. :)

I dumped about 2 gal. of ATF on a city street from a blown hose in my boom yesterday. I was pretty close to home so I went there and got a bag of floor dry and stole some lysol from the wifey to clean it up. Smelled real clean around there.

It's what was recommended on the plate and it has one of those anti-static filters. I don't work around wires anyway. I have started replacing my non-conductive hose with regular black hose too.

I had to laugh a little bit when an owner of another web site got on that kick .He ran his saws using salad oil or something .Then they sat for a while .

Afterwards they were as plugged up as a bulls arse at fly time .No pumpy oil no more .

I think ole Stumper just uses it because it's cheap being rather frugal ya know .;)

Al understands me!:lol: I used veggie oil fro several years because it pumped easier in the Power Pruner and climbing saws, was cheap, and washed out of clothing more readily than petroleum. Frankly. I think bar life was actually better.... but I run sharp chains and many saws so bars last so long that it is hard to gauge. As for canola being healthier to wear and ingest.... there are several sources that will happily tell you that Canola is an abomination bound to cause girls to grow hair on their chests and make men's testicles shrivel. I moved away from veggie oil when I fried 3 oilers in the space of a couple of months. Now I mix hydraulic oil with tackified oil for ease of pumping in the weak oiler saws and don't worry about oil turning to goo if I set a saw aside fro a few months.

Well pole saws are a problem .They don't oil worth a hoot . All I have is a cheapie Poulan and I run 40 Wt in it unless it's cold then auto tranny fluid .

When I half fast straightened Toms shafts on his old HT 75 Stihl it wouldn't oil good either .A couple of tanks of auto tranny fluid helped it . The tranny fluid must dissolve the gummy residue in old bar oil or something .

The HT75 has a screen in the oiler pump pickup that gets clogged. You have to take the oil tank off and clean the screen once in a while. The HT101 has a different design.

Back