This thing needs bar oil!

Treeaddict

Treehouser
How many people constantly forget to put bar oil in their electric saws?! So easy to forget. Maybe the routine should be bar oil every battery change?

I have a cheap Kobalt saw that I tend to forget to put oil in because one tank lasts 4 batteries, and by then I've broke the habit of refilling it. On the bright side, I have 4 battery changes to remember to top it off.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One charge probably uses 1/3 or the oil. Lots of unnecessary filling but beats a dry chain I suppose

I'd probably fill every battery swap. I'm used to it with gas, and it's good policy. You can be sure it has oil without forgetting, and it helps keep an eye on status. My 2511 has had oiling issues a couple times now, and I noticed because there was too much oil left when I went to fill it. Still not sure what the issue is, but I can see what's going on when I routinely open the tank.

I'd probably fill every battery swap. I'm used to it with gas, and it's good policy. You can be sure it has oil without forgetting, and it helps keep an eye on status. My 2511 has had oiling issues a couple times now, and I noticed because there was too much oil left when I went to fill it. Still not sure what the issue is, but I can see what's going on when I routinely open the tank.
Your inexpensive, plastic oil pump gear is possibly worn out. EZ fix.

Can it be intermittent? Loosening the cap can get it going again. It did the last time anyway. It's only happened twice, so I don't have a good feel for it.

IDK. I think the part is under $10 shipped. I'll see if I can spot it online now.

You can flush the tank. How much debris do you think has gotten in the tank?

Debris is unknown, but could be significant. I still need to check that. Thanks for the part link.

Things to check:
oil tank vent,
oil filter,
oil pump worm gear,
passage through the oil port and bar to the chain,
and of course make sure the output adjustment screw is turned up high enough.

Back