Animated GIFS THREE! (Not Phone Safe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AW30sEX.gif

tenderizer, and probably easier access after than tumble than through the typically softest opening in the body, A sh!%ty place to have to start dinner.

I'm sure that eagle has no problem disemboweling that critter, probably with just one well-placed slice of a talon.

I'm sure that eagle has no problem disemboweling that critter, probably with just one well-placed slice of a talon.

Do you mean through the belly, slice it open, or the anus?

I thought vultures are bald headed because the anus is the easiest part of the body to rip open, using a beak.

I though talons were more for piercing than cutting. More of a nail than blade.

I have an ornothologist friend that has trapped migrating golden eagles for research. I can ask him.

In any case, Score one for the eagle.:lol:

No, vultures are ( Some at least, but not many) bald headed because they stick their heads into carcasses that are way bigger than any bird would be able to kill.
Most vultures have feathers on their upper neck and head, but they are short feathers that clean up easily.
A notable exception is the Lammergeier or bearded vulture.
It mostly eats bones, so doesn't get dirty.

Talons are only used to catch and kill stuff.
The beak is used to open prey.
Look at the first minute of the video, that Golden simply goes in through the side.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/snKvvZHOR78" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back