A simple storm job

Murph, seems like now you are endorsing quickly stepping out of the way as an acceptable method when working trees. Have to watch your forthcoming videos to see if you might say that you invented the technique.

It seems that The Murph has calmed a bit. I like to hear different opinions on what could have been done, but as pointed out, watching a video from one perspective often fails the viewer. Nice work Roger.
I love my GRCS too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can't you guys get anything right?! It's foamS.........

Murph, seems like now you are endorsing quickly stepping out of the way as an acceptable method when working trees. Have to watch your forthcoming videos to see if you might say that you invented the technique.

So what have you "invented"??? I make cuts everyday you have no clue are even possible... So keep patting yourself on the back and talking crap. And I'll keep putting wood on the ground...

It seems that The Murph has calmed a bit. I like to hear different opinions on what could have been done, but as pointed out, watching a video from one perspective often fails the viewer. Nice work Roger.
I love my GRCS too.
I just took a look at the full slow motion shot and saw that it looks worse than it actually was... I probably wouldn't have done it like that, but Roger knows what he's doing... I wonder if the final cut could have been made too trip when the LL was let out a bit.. or if the side line could have been pulled the other direction as the piece was lowered to avoid the final cut and the need to put yourself so close to a flying log.

My GRCS only gets used about once or twice a year... I would have put a porty on the skid steer, with a redirect block at the base of the anchor tree... far faster and easier than cranking away with the goods... and I could have easily called for the op to lift the piece, to avoid the need of making the final cut... And I wonder how hard it would have been without the skid steer or the goods... did he really need all that lift? Perhaps the roof cut could have been tripped with a power pruner from the deck.... What other options are there.. here's one I wouldn;t recommend, and was still impressed... Dave calls it "redneck ingenuity"...Andy would probably like it.. LOL

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8zlO9KCavZs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aw Murph, don't get so darn excited.... I was merely giving back your ungracious talk, sorry you got your tit in a wringer.

Nice vid by Dave. I've braced trees in that fashion a few times, though I've used a simple tripod, fashioned with 3 4x4's, and lashed together at the top. Works well when there's no overhead gin pole available.`

And, Murph, that tree was a slam dunk. I could have done it a few different ways. I had the chain saw winch standing by, but didn't even bother with it. After we'd tensioned it sideways to provide deck railing and heat pump clearance, we could possibly have just lowered it down, as it may have cleared the obstacles. But the way I did it worked fine, and made for better filming.....and was planned all along to elicit your valued input.

Many thanx....

M````` Have to watch your forthcoming videos to see if you might say that you invented the technique.

I used to be a legend, too.....

....in my own mind....

.. till I got all wrinkled and stuff

Back