A fair sized tulip I've bid on-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I saved the 44 mb .wmv file in Moviemaker the first 2-3 clips were accidentally shot at 160x120, the rest at 640x480.....that's my Canon A650, with grunge inside the lens.....

Had the LZ been much smaller, we would have really needed to use a crane.

Customer was OK with lawn damage, to save $ if doing a zero impact removal.

She was picky though...we still marked up some paint.....could have done a better job at protecting the gate and walls. Had to sweet talk her into letting that slide.....some soap and a bit of paint if needed would remedy the marks. And there were a couple small gutter dings which we straightened....the larger one was made by the pwr co leaning their heavy ladder up to drop the service at the mast.

People just don't think those little saplings will ever get that large .Then when they become a hazard they get to pay big time to rid themselves of them .

Not being a pro treeman I do very few removals .A few years back though I flipped a big tooth aspen that was around 30 inchs and 70 or 80 feet growing right out of a garage foundation . Now how dumb was that to let it go until it raised a garage floor ? Good grief .:(

It was so close I rocked a chain on the foundation but still was able to flip it sideways after removing some over growing branchs . I had a rope on that dude though .You never know ,ya know .

Al, it's ok to make the notch higher than the foundation. There's no rule that says you can only make one cut and that your notch/ drop cut has to be the lowest cut. It's quite simple to flush off the stump after the tree is down (without hitting the foundation). ;)

I was as high up as I could get B . Any higher it might have torn the eave off on the fall or so I felt at the time .

Looking back I should have placed a board between the base of the tree to protect the chain .I thought I could bore cut it but it proved I didn't have that much control .

I just felt the way the tree was growing that I needed to cause it to tilt near the ground more so the cut was about 2 feet up above ground .The poured concrete foundation was about 30 inchs high for some reason .

Any true tree man would have disassembled the thing from the top down .I'm just an old ground faller so I just do it how I do it . No damage other than a 12 dollar chain loop .

Back