A fair sized tulip I've bid on-

One day is entirely reasonable.

One climber, one crane, three on brush detail, and a 16" chipper.

Crane sections to the LZ, brushers dissect and chip, while climber and crane are rigging next piece.

Well RB it's not like you are a newbe or something to this stuff .

All I can say is don't sell yourself short .

Roger be smart. At that radius, with that small of a dz, you need to count on taking more than a day.

Looked at the vid again. About 10 picks with a 50 tonner.

I noticed you're rolling with a smaller unit; that'd eat up more time.

Either way, we know Rog can git'r'done.

Whats behind the garage?? Could you set up a crane in the neighbors area to the left of the customer's house???

$3600.00 takedown, full cleanup no stump would be top dollar around here.

Truth be told it would stand for along time as no one here would pay that much$$$.

Use the right tool for the job:

Attachments

• helicopter lift.jpg
    helicopter lift.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 120
Ha! Then you could call Nosak to re roof all the blown off shingles.

There's a guy around here with a pick-up and a dump trailer. Written in spraypaint on the sides of the trailer is, and I quote, "TREE REMOVAL AND ROOF REPAIR" :O

Go get a fizz can then change "and" to "then".

I dare you.

Looks fun Roger. I get to trim one like that this spring. Its probably the biggest in this town. While I understand the profit motive behind getting a crane and machinery to get jobs done, I am leaning towards hiring guys to do the physical work as there are a lot of people who need work.

On that note Darin, I think there is more profit in having a couple of extra hands in moving debris out front. The crane bill will be over a grand.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Roger be smart. At that radius, with that small of a dz, you need to count on taking more than a day.

The DZ behind the house is small. Out front, where the crane would set up, we've got scads of room. We could crane it out in 12-15 picks, maybe leaving the bottom 20 feet to firewood down. 4 hours of craning. Should be enough $ left over for labor.

That said, the work is mainly tedious and repetitive, and could be done craneless.

If there's a crane on the job anyway, why would you bother brushing out the lower stuff? It just doesn't make sense to me to spend 3 or 4 hours rigging when the crane can do a few picks in 30 minutes or less. If I have a crane on a job, I let the crane do EVERYTHING. The only exception is when we need to cut something for access or to open up a LZ.

if you are off just a bit on your radius, and the tree is 95' tall, you will have difficulty getting your crane time done in 4 hours. He won't have much tip over the load a first, which means you are limited to only one motion for lift. 12-15 picks in 4hours at that radius is pushing it. Don' use a truck mount and you can get closer.

If there's a crane on the job anyway, why would you bother brushing out the lower stuff? It just doesn't make sense to me to spend 3 or 4 hours rigging when the crane can do a few picks in 30 minutes or less. If I have a crane on a job, I let the crane do EVERYTHING. The only exception is when we need to cut something for access or to open up a LZ.

Because much of the lower stuff is too small to be craning. So it'll go relatively quickly.

That's the way we did 2 maples last Thursday. Took an hour with a climber in each tree to do about 15 limbs, that would have required maybe 10 crane picks. Then the two trees required 16-20 picks total, which was done in about 3.5 hours. Smaller, quicker crane, and radius of 25-35 feet, so much easier.

if you are off just a bit on your radius, and the tree is 95' tall, you will have difficulty getting your crane time done in 4 hours. He won't have much tip over the load a first, which means you are limited to only one motion for lift. 12-15 picks in 4hours at that radius is pushing it. Don' use a truck mount and you can get closer.

I don't think height's an issue, as the tree base is several feet below street level, and it's likely under 95 feet anyhow.

Crane would be parked sideways to the tree, on street and pk strip and outriggers just inside the sidewalk. Can you explain your meaning "don't use a truck mount", please?

Because much of the lower stuff is too small to be craning. So it'll go relatively quickly.

That's the way we did 2 maples last Thursday. Took an hour with a climber in each tree to do about 15 limbs, that would have required maybe 10 crane picks. Then the two trees required 16-20 picks total, which was done in about 3.5 hours. Smaller, quicker crane, and radius of 25-35 feet, so much easier.

Can you work it from the top down with the crane and just leave the lower stuff attached to the big trunks to be picked up on the last few picks?

Can you work it from the top down with the crane and just leave the lower stuff attached to the big trunks to be picked up on the last few picks?

sure, from the top down, but, as I said, much of the low stuff is easy, just like the job we did Thursday. Much more cost effective to save crane time, at $165 per hr....plus, there's no need to crane the lower 20 feet of wood (which has some branches on it) to further save crane time.

It's all about radius/tip height. If you can get a better crane in there, which will be closer, you have a better tip height, and a better cap. some boom trucks charts are different off the side, why use hourly price to determine what crane to use? A bigger rig, like a Demag, would get closer, and even if it can't you have more boom, which means increased radius isn't as big a deal. :evil:

Back