562XP Discussion Thread

The saws we talk about in this thread do set continually after the current condition they are in.
Problem is that they try to learn and remember a bit and follow set curves, sort of standards as there is no result based input, just reference points that tell systems how the saws run in real time, here and now.

It appears there are many in US that tinker on these saws without having ability to hook them up. That is a huge loss for them.
They can provide long wanted info of how saws run in what range of rpm and carb temp for example.

If there was a emission reading, engine temp input to this system it would be perfect.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've done woods ports with compression increases on no less than 10 562s and one 550. One had an issue that was caused by me. All the others have been running great with a large increase in cut speed.

That said, I still feel the need to be able to utilize the diagnostic system, as I believe there is much to learn that can help me tune the port timing even better.

I have found a system and it is in route. Now to learn to use it.

The saws we talk about in this thread do set continually after the current condition they are in.
Problem is that they try to learn and remember a bit and follow set curves, sort of standards as there is no result based input, just reference points that tell systems how the saws run in real time, here and now.

It appears there are many in US that tinker on these saws without having ability to hook them up. That is a huge loss for them.
They can provide long wanted info of how saws run in what range of rpm and carb temp for example.

If there was a emission reading, engine temp input to this system it would be perfect.

This AutoTune technology leads me to believe that a "performance chip" can be built for these saws, just like truck diesels and car engines already have.
Now wouldn't that be cool8)

This AutoTune technology leads me to believe that a "performance chip" can be built for these saws, just like truck diesels and car engines already have.
Now wouldn't that be cool8)

It sure would........I wonder if we could find a tech geek that's also a saw freak?

I do know an Asian fellow...........

Change in altitude don't mean shit!
As a matter of fact it does and I can be the first one to testify that as factual .

Some years back I packed out with me to a deer hunting camp in the mountains of Colorado a Poulan s-25 .The saw was tuned to the elevation I live which is aprox 900 feet above sea level .The mountains were right at 10,000 where the saw was being used at to cut camp firewood so we didn't freeze to death .

To run correctly it had to be leaned up quite a bit .Even as such it did not produce nearly the amount of power in the mountains as it did at a lower elevation.

Fact even though theoretically this auto tuned Husqvarna should need no special attention I doubt seriously if it would produce the power at higher elevation than it does at lower.

That being said I'm not certain if an elevation change of 2,000 feet would have that much effect .

As a matter of fact it does and I can be the first one to testify that as factual .

Some years back I packed out with me to a deer hunting camp in the mountains of Colorado a Poulan s-25 .The saw was tuned to the elevation I live which is aprox 900 feet above sea level .The mountains were right at 10,000 where the saw was being used at to cut camp firewood so we didn't freeze to death .

To run correctly it had to be leaned up quite a bit .Even as such it did not produce nearly the amount of power in the mountains as it did at a lower elevation.

Fact even though theoretically this auto tuned Husqvarna should need no special attention I doubt seriously if it would produce the power at higher elevation than it does at lower.

That being said I'm not certain if an elevation change of 2,000 feet would have that much effect .

If the saw had been adjusted properly when started as it should hight would not be a issue.
When saws are sent they need to be emptied and run dry. Here we can't send saws with fuel in them.
So when he fuel it up and have a different mix than yours it still needs to be adjusted unless you provide a can of gas with it, regardless of altitude.

A lot of other stuff also affect........ So It will need adjusting after current conditions regardless opf altitude!
Saws must run right all the time, not kjust when you are on "correct" altitude.

It's a known fact that no engine will run at altitude like it does at lower levels included a turbo charged diesel engine .Now I'm not talking from sea level to 6000 feet .More like above 6000 .

If this highly technical Husqvarna can in addition to tuning the carb also have the ability to change the spark advance it would have an advantage an older designs do not have .

An engine ,any engine cannot burn more fuel than it can supply oxegon to .At altitude the oxegon simpley is not there so it can't take in the fuel and it takes fuel to make power .

Even going back 70 some years ago to WW2 and the famous "Mustang " fighter planes with Rolls Royce Merlin engines with two stage superchargers which produced more HP at altitude than the Allison engines they replaced at take off .At high altitude they simple did not have the power they did at lower altitudes . That's just the physics of an internal combustion engine.

Now of course you're not going to be operating a chainsaw at 30,000 feet but it's entirely possible to at 11,000 .

Where did Al mention sending anyone a chainsaw? Lordy......
:lol: That will be the day the sun rises in the west .I made up my mind years ago I'd never get in that type of stuff for all the tea in China .

I tweek saws because I like to ,not for money .This wrench is not for hire .;)

All I know is when I moved from Ohio to Montana my carburetor-ed car, truck and 2 stroke dirt bikes all had to me adjusted for MT. When I came back to Ohio 2 years later I had to adjust everything back to OH. Altitude played a roll in this. ;)

Back when they had carbs the vehicals made for sale in the mountains had smaller jets for one thing .Since the advent of fuel injectors and electronic control they don't have the altitude problems they used to have years ago .

Now back in the Colorado deer hunting days about the time we headed up the hill out of Denver we advanced the timing a few degrees ,maybe 3-5 or so. Which made an improvement how those pick up trucks pulled but we still got passed by the loaded semis running turbo chargers .Once in the hunting grounds we tweeked the carbs on the Jeeps and cranked them about 5 to 7 degrees more advance .The rule of thumb I think was 1 degree of advance for every 2 thousand feet of altitude above 6,000 .Problem is you couldn't do that on a chainsaw .

Coming back east the trucks did okay until about Lyman Colorado which is right on the western Kansas border then we would retard them back to normal setting .Hammer down 80 MPH clear to Ohio.:D

You can argue about what ever you like, fact is there is no way for any saw to know what evolution it is on.
Would be great to discuss more in this thread, but if this is to be about ideas instead of facts I think I stay out!

Lets try again...
Auto tunes do what user did prior auto tune or in other words what they should do.
The saw should run right regardless of elevation, weather, fuel, tempreture of coffey in thermus or color of grammys pants that day.
These auto tunes take care of that now so the users can put time on other things than how the saw runs, like getting it started and go to shop for service.
Auto tune is a good idea, but it is half way so far until they put in something that tell the system what result there is of action taken.
Emission is were the reading should be, temo, content, speed etc.

If it was in a normal engine like the 357/359 it would have quite different results I bet. The fresh air engine is quite different with much more narrow windows in its configuration. It is closer to limits of what it can tolerate in heat and expansions, vibrations in materials.

I had another with an air leak.......the autotune still ran it well without any damage. It just didn't idle down properly at times. I'm sort of glad this happened.....now I get to play with the diagnostic software when it arrives. :)

Observant. Were was leak?

Crank seals? Cylinder base?

I've not tested it yet Magnus. I want to wait till my diagnostic setup arrives before I do anything more to it. I think it's leaking at the base. Remember, I removed the base gasket and cut .020" from the base.......a lot of clearancing was done on the case and below the intake plate....but since I'm a mere human it's very possible that I missed something. :(

Good thread, sick pictures of the work bench to open the thread.
So just to confirm what I think I know from this thread, the 562 has less cc's but will outcut a 372?

They have what can be called active ignition, or floating timing. It is a very good thing makes combustion more effective.
It will give the saw a different power curve and it climbs rpm faster.

There is also a formula for horsepower loss or gain equating to temperature change as well, but I don't remember what it is. Maybe there is even one for humidity change, but I have never seen mention.

Anyone with a 562 having problems with leaks in the case? Two out of three saws:
One leaking at the main seam between the halves at the front, the other has a slight leak at edge of the fuel level window at the back.

The oil tank leak has been a issue from the early saws.....it should be covered as there was a SB on that. I would take it to a good servicing dealer. The fuel leak is one I've not heard of.

I got the diagnostic software....now to get some time to hook a saw up.

Anyone with a 562 having problems with leaks in the case? Two out of three saws:
One leaking at the main seam between the halves at the front, the other has a slight leak at edge of the fuel level window at the back.

Back