562XP Discussion Thread

mastermind7864

Treehouser
ImportedPhotos00008_zps2cd7f94b.jpg

We do several woods ports on these a year. I was wondering who here has used them stock and/or ported and what you thought of them.

Here's a video of one we did last year.....they make real rippers.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qtqIqkR00Jw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also bought a new 550XP when they first came out to see how they responded to mods. Here's a little compro we did. All three saws are ported and they all are using the same chain.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z897fnSfxUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The 550XP has the same Autotune system but also employ's a RevBoost feature that increases chain speed in short bursts for limbing.

I run a 560xpg stock. On the ground it truly is a nimble tree cutting monster. However in the tree I find the long body, high center of gravity & overall ergonomics awkward.

I run a 560xpg stock. On the ground it truly is a nimble tree cutting monster. However in the tree I find the long body, high center of gravity & overall ergonomics awkward.

And that's what I need to hear. I have guys that call me up to ask what I think about this saw or that saw. Hell I'm just a guy that works on saws.....I'm not well versed in how they handle....up a tree...hanging on a rope.

I like that these Autotunes account for changes in elevation. I live at about 1900 ft and sending a saw that tuned here to a guy a sea level....well that's a scary thought.

Love my 562. Doesn't start on the first pull even when warm though. Good fuel mileage. Outstanding power for its size. Smooth as glass. I think the one lone dawg on the case is a piss poor design. Substandard really. Saw cant pivot on that dawg for very long before having that chase the powerhead around the cut. Warms up quickly on the coldest of days. Oils a 20" bar in dry hardwood with no trouble at all. The big trigger is a touch clumsy with gloves on but easily forgiven. I will probably wear this saw out quickly because I have honestly quit using any other saw (minus the obvious, ie climbing saw or big saw in big wood.) I used to cling to 372's for dear life but for the power my 562 puts out and the ultra silky feeling in my hands, the 372's are being used by my workers pretty much.

Love my 562. Doesn't start on the first pull even when warm though. Good fuel mileage. Outstanding power for its size. Smooth as glass. I think the one lone dawg on the case is a piss poor design. Substandard really. Saw cant pivot on that dawg for very long before having that chase the powerhead around the cut. Warms up quickly on the coldest of days. Oils a 20" bar in dry hardwood with no trouble at all. The big trigger is a touch clumsy with gloves on but easily forgiven. I will probably wear this saw out quickly because I have honestly quit using any other saw (minus the obvious, ie climbing saw or big saw in big wood.) I used to cling to 372's for dear life but for the power my 562 puts out and the ultra silky feeling in my hands, the 372's are being used by my workers pretty much.

Have you seen this option?

ImportedPhotos00000_zps647ce73d.jpg

Just stopping through.

Just so they know too.

550xp replacing 346xp

545 replacing 353

stock for stock I like the 550. 550 on 1st tank and 346 was broken in.

Have a new 545 coming in this week too.

Only thing I still have no autotune support local. Even if I would by the tool to hook up and read them, I couldnt get the updated software for any of the saws. Thats the only thing I am still leery on.

How do the stats look after they run for a bit modded? Do you check them?

Carb temps, fuel settings, average speed mode?

Do you reset them after mod or do they run with the previous settings initially?

Joking aside I still wish to know settings after mod if possible.

One thing you should know is that these "learn" or remember last run and runtime in averege.
They adapt after the current conditions they are in, and remember the settings. It is not possible to see what altitude it has been run at, but what fuel settings and carb temp it had is.

Cool stuff Magnus, I've not got the software to see all this......for me if it works fine.....if not I send the carb to be reset. Since I'm not a dealer buying the tools would be sort of crazy because I wouldn't have any way to upgrade when changes are made that I know of.

Out of the ones that I've modded one ended up with an air leak at the base (my fault) and eventually the carb started flooding the engine out. The jug nor piston was hurt because of the autotune enrichening the A/F mixture. I pulled the base and found that I missed a clearance point with one of the transfer cover screws and then fixed that and resealed the base. After that the flooding issue was still there so I send the carb to be reset......that cured it's problems.

As far as it checking altitude I see no reason why the saw would need to know that.......it's just looking for the correct tune no matter the elevation.

It's obvious to me that you know more about these things than I do.....I just alter the compression and port timing, and tweak the mufflers.

Back