The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Saw video thread

Frankie

I Build and Run Ported Saws !
Well , I really do not need the cash-0-la to be quite honest ... some make their living porting chainsaws... which is fine ... do competent work and business will follow ... I’ve found that word-of-mouth is my best strategy ... do my saws make the most hp ? - I doubt it but that’s not the avenue I’m pursuing ... Gent wants a saw built to “x” ; talk ensues and the deal is on ... very simple imho

Jonny

Treehouser
We had 2 nice 064 at a place I worked at in 99-03. They worked well and were the big saws besides the 084av they occasionally brought out. It was early in my career and I had no other saw experience with 80cc+ to compare them to. Wish I could have another day or two with one now. The place ended up going out of business and I bought my 441 from them when they were liquidating. The 064s were partially assembled basket cases by then.

Frankie

In stock form the 064 runs well ... open the muffler and let them breathe you notice a nice gain ( far more than then newer epa-friendly saws) ; with a velocity-stack , port-work and tuned exhaust they become a different animal ! If a guy wanted more, boring the carb will allow more performance ... it’s just a matter of the cylinder and what they give you from the factory - the “older” (044,046,064,066) pre-epa saws have superior port-timing / cylinders from jump-street and more importantly no strato-charged nonsense that the modern versions employ

Frankie

They are available on eBay but buying used can be a crapshoot , lotta scammers not using oem parts (cranks , bearings , seals , jugs/slugs etc ...) and you can end up stuck with a 🍋

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!