562XP Discussion Thread

mastermind7864
There is a lot of stuff going on with these.
The 560 and 550 there is issues with here and new editions of software is available now and then.

It would be in your interest as saw builder to be able to keep the saws updated but most important to be able to reset and clear history if there are issues.

As far as it checking altitude I see no reason why the saw would need to know that.......it's just looking for the correct tune no matter the elevation.
This is exactly how it is. It sets after current conditions.

Don't agree with me too much here you loose all credibility.

SDC11074.jpg
Love my 562. Doesn't start on the first pull even when warm though.
That's not right Chris, take it into your Husky dealer and have them look at it. My 562 starts on the first pull even after the saw has been sitting for a while lukewarm.
Good talk here about the AutoTune technology.

Here is a pic of my 550XPs my Husky dealer gave me through his sponsorship for my chainsaw speed cutting events at our local winter festival . We just finished up the competition last Saturday, so I have been very busy in my abscence here for the last few weeks.
I had the job of running in these saws from right out of the box for the competition. I let them sit in my unheated garage for almost a week with outdoor temps of minus-20C [-4F]. After fueling them up I tried to start these frozen solid saws up , it took close to 200 pulls on the rope of each saw to get them running. The last time they ran was at the factory with indoor room temperature. Now trying to be started at these cold temps the carb was set way too lean from the previous warm settings.
I would have saved alot of rope pulling if I would have taken them indoors and let them thaw out first.
Anyways I got them going and each saw I ran at WOT for 5 minutes ripping blocks of wood standing on end into slabs. Right from their first tank of fuel at the competition these little saws put out amazing power for a small saw. Super hyper with the rev boost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you think they are great stock you would love one with 40% more cut speed. :)

I modified one and kept a record of timed cuts in clear poplar. From out of the box stock, to muffler modded, and then on to fully modded it gained 41% in cut speed. Some of that was from it loosening up and the rings sealing of course but ever the less I was very impressed.

View attachment 46104

That's not right Chris, take it into your Husky dealer and have them look at it. My 562 starts on the first pull even after the saw has been sitting for a while lukewarm.
Good talk here about the AutoTune technology.

Here is a pic of my 550XPs my Husky dealer gave me through his sponsorship for my chainsaw speed cutting events at our local winter festival . We just finished up the competition last Saturday, so I have been very busy in my abscence here for the last few weeks.
I had the job of running in these saws from right out of the box for the competition. I let them sit in my unheated garage for almost a week with outdoor temps of minus-20C [-4F]. After fueling them up I tried to start these frozen solid saws up , it took close to 200 pulls on the rope of each saw to get them running. The last time they ran was at the factory with indoor room temperature. Now trying to be started at these cold temps the carb was set way too lean from the previous warm settings.
I would have saved alot of rope pulling if I would have taken them indoors and let them thaw out first.
Anyways I got them going and each saw I ran at WOT for 5 minutes ripping blocks of wood standing on end into slabs. Right from their first tank of fuel at the competition these little saws put out amazing power for a small saw. Super hyper with the rev boost.

Magnus, if its corrects based on conditions, then it is accounting for the less dense or more dense air! Altitude! Intentional, or not, it is correcting the result of altitude changes.

If you think they are great stock you would love one with 40% more cut speed. :)
Thanks for the advice Randy, when I buy my own 550XP maybe next week I may just send it to you. But for the 3 I have for the yearly competition I'll just leave them stock. The men and women who torture them for 3 hours of steady cutting in the 10"x10" spruce the power they put out is enough. Some of these people have never run a saw before.
I got more pictures and possibly a few videos of last Saturday's contest to post here later.

"I don't get all this hype about elevation. If you run a saw at one ot 1000 feet above water level is not important at all.
Hight don't matter much as only gravity increase. As long as pump can hack it there is no issue with altitudes.
The air itself, moisture, content, pressure ets, that do affect and do so what ever elevation you are at if it change.
Humidity is what affect most.
Moisture is often different in different heights, but it is not the hight that make the difference.

Setting saws after hight is a ridiculous load of crap that is used as excuse to put blame on something.
When you run saws you notice they act different in different weathers. Humid air need one setting as opposed to dry."

Remember that time you spoke about "altitiude don't mean shit".

Oxygen is less dense with altitude. If the saw adjusts for peak performance because the air is different, then it is compensating for the altitude, whether you like to word it that way or not. Quit being a contrary douche about everything spoken. If you'd listen before you argue, simple things would make more sense to you.

I believe that an additional 1000 feet of elevation would only decrease hp by the standard formula of 3%, if there was no gas/air mixing ratio compensation built in or adjustments made, so not much loss at that particular height increase. You didn't directly mention temperature, Chris. It would seem that if the higher elevation also provides lower temperature with the denser air that it brings, the elevation affecting performance would be further reduced or possibly no effect at all. The size of the jets becomes a factor as well. I believe that engines designed to run at higher elevations generally have larger jets.

One thing you should know is that these "learn" or remember last run and runtime in averege.
They adapt after the current conditions they are in, and remember the settings. It is not possible to see what altitude it has been run at, but what fuel settings and carb temp it had is.
I think what Magnus has already said here ,is all he needs to say.

I modified one and kept a record of timed cuts in clear poplar. From out of the box stock, to muffler modded, and then on to fully modded it gained 41% in cut speed. Some of that was from it loosening up and the rings sealing of course but ever the less I was very impressed.

Randy do you have a video of all this testing and mods along the way tested? Post please.

Stock

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0jk3uwai24w" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Muffler mod

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gAR2DzkDu_U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fully ported

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5rgHs-XNVNc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

An example on what elevation does to tune.

I built a MS261 and tuned it to 13,800 at 1900 ft above sea level

I sent that saw to Australia and it was turning 15,600 at a few ft above sea level.

Stock

Muffler mod

Fully ported

Thanks. Watching those video's comfirms what I was thinking. No way would I just muffler mod the 550 for the gains made to put up with that noise. 550 to me would either be left stock or get the woods port treatment to make the noise worth while.

550 had been the loudest muffler modded saw I have heard so far. Just not worth it for the gains IMO. Your guess of the % you saw in just MM?

After reading this thread I seriously want both the 550 and 562. Modded of course! Going to have to make do with my modded 346 for the time being...

An example on what elevation does to tune.
I built a MS261 and tuned it to 13,800 at 1900 ft above sea level
I sent that saw to Australia and it was turning 15,600 at a few ft above sea level.

That seems to defy expectations. I would have guessed maybe an increase of 1000 rpms at best, based on only an altitude decrease of 2000 feet.

Thanks. Watching those video's comfirms what I was thinking. No way would I just muffler mod the 550 for the gains made to put up with that noise. 550 to me would either be left stock or get the woods port treatment to make the noise worth while.

550 had been the loudest muffler modded saw I have heard so far. Just not worth it for the gains IMO. Your guess of the % you saw in just MM?

The mm netted about 20% It's a corked up dude from the factory. Thing is Kevin.....the port work was very mild with lots left on the table.

That seems to defy expectations. I would have guessed maybe an increase of 1000 rpms at best, based on only an altitude decrease of 2000 feet.

One other thing to consider is temp......it was middle of summer here, winter there. So the air there was denser because of elevation and temp.

Yes.. temp plays a part as well.
I can tell you from experience... Altitude and temp DOES matter..!
I would love to try an auto tune to see if it will compensate and then remember. But a regular tunable saw.. Fug it.. take a screw driver to work if you want optimum cuttin performance. I work between just under 1000 foot (300 meter) elevation to 8000 foot elevation (2500 meter approx) elevation.. Air temps differ as well as does moisture content. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Anyone that wants to dispute that, I welcome to get their ass out here and try it the fug out.. I will personally pull cutting permits to test the theory if need be.

Yes.. temp plays a part as well.
I can tell you from experience... Altitude and temp DOES matter..!
I would love to try an auto tune to see if it will compensate and then remember. But a regular tunable saw.. Fug it.. take a screw driver to work if you want optimum cuttin performance. I work between just under 1000 foot (300 meter) elevation to 8000 foot elevation (2500 meter approx) elevation.. Air temps differ as well as does moisture content. IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE. Anyone that wants to dispute that, I welcome to get their ass out here and try it the fug out.. I will personally pull cutting permits to test the theory if need be.

We need a "like" button huh? :D

Magnus, if its corrects based on conditions, then it is accounting for the less dense or more dense air! Altitude! Intentional, or not, it is correcting the result of altitude changes.
That is correct it changes regardless of altitude.
You have changes even on same altitude.

"I don't get all this hype about elevation. If you run a saw at one ot 1000 feet above water level is not important at all.
Hight don't matter much as only gravity increase. As long as pump can hack it there is no issue with altitudes.
The air itself, moisture, content, pressure ets, that do affect and do so what ever elevation you are at if it change.
Humidity is what affect most.
Moisture is often different in different heights, but it is not the hight that make the difference.

Setting saws after hight is a ridiculous load of crap that is used as excuse to put blame on something.
When you run saws you notice they act different in different weathers. Humid air need one setting as opposed to dry."

Remember that time you spoke about "altitiude don't mean shit".

Oxygen is less dense with altitude. If the saw adjusts for peak performance because the air is different, then it is compensating for the altitude, whether you like to word it that way or not. Quit being a contrary douche about everything spoken. If you'd listen before you argue, simple things would make more sense to you.
Would it agree more with you if someone else said it?

You need to set saws weather you change altitude or not. It is of no importance!
They need to be correct all the time, not just when you change altitude.
It needs to run correct in any current condition!
So In My opinion... Change in altitude don't mean shit!

Back