2008 ISA PNW chapter annual meeting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ha, when Ox was here he was asking me about graveyards to crash out in !

Didn't make this years show (obviously) but will be there for next year. Tree Guy has about 800 acres he's working on in Penticton over the next few years (development project) so I'm sure we'll be combining trips. I wish I could attend, but you'll just get to meet Tree Guy and Tree Guy's dad.

heard about that 800 acres, wondering if tree guy is gonna call to pick my brain, he threatened to last winter... :)

and why cant you and tree guys kid attend? a road trip is no biggie for the young one, we took our little guy for a 7 hour road trip at 6 months, tree guys kid will be like 2 for next years conference! :D

Oh, we'll be there with him, just not at the actual conference. We don't usually do the banquets - just go for a nice dinner with the in-laws. Maybe this year we will though.

Travelling while they're under a year is easy. We still do it, but have noticed the change. We need to stop more now and let him have a run. As long as we do that and time it with naps all goes well.

The project has stalled a bit. I know you'll be getting a call when the time comes. :)

Today was fun. I got to help with Dan Kraus's speedline demonstration. He is a really nice guy. I picked up a few tricks from him. The thing I liked best was they had him hooked up on the P.A. system so his every word in the tree was like God's voice booming down from the heavens. Maybe I could buy a Mr. Microphone and speak over people's car radios while climbing.
Willie(SOTC) made it into town last night and I hooked up with him this morning. In the afternoon we saw Tom Dunlap's class on Single Rope Climbing techniques and I got to try that Unicender Tom has been talking about. I liked it for ascending and rappelling. I did not like it for easing down just a little bit on a branch. It was very touchy. It may because I was new to it or because I weigh just a little bit more than Tom. Anyway its a clever piece of equipment that I will most likely not buy. He had another type of ascender (The Eddy) descender that I liked better but I am forgetting the name right now. Its like a Gri Gri but it has a safety feature the Gri Gri does not have that if you pull the lever too far it locks again.

This evening we had Roger/RBTree and Willie over to dinner. Roger brought some wine and Willie brought some cookies that his wife made. It was a very agreeable soiree. Haley enjoyed the company. I think I am going to be in trouble if one more Tree Houser tells my wife or Haley that they have seen a lot of pictures of her and feel like they've seen her grow up on the net.

wicked. I feel bad for not attending, I could have brought my wife's home made perogies to supper.

Is Haley being reasonable about her crayons?

Devon, will you make the trek to Kelowna next year? I am already trying to co-erce the wife in to the trip with little Bub. :D

TGW. Cool, I am looking forward to it.

Hey Paulie, we held down the fort but woulda had more carousing if you'da graced us with your presence. Partied with Gareth, Scott Nyuli and a couple other competitors from BC....And Scott Nyuli won! He scored a ton of swag, and of course gets his way paid to Rhode Island ITCC next year.

I got some great shots of the competition, the drive down from SE Wa where I visited my bro and 94 yr old mom, and Dan Kraus's excellent speed line demo today.

Haley is simply an adorable young lady. Got some nice pics of her picking tomatoes from the garden for the delectable meal which Willie and I were treated to..

I'm kinda tired, so prolly won't post any of the hundreds of pics I've shot since leaving Seattle Thursday evening. It's a bit more work to mess with them on Darin's puter.

Game on Roger!
Gareth is a good fella, hard to unnerstand when he is speaking but otherwise he is good folk! :D

I havent met Scott yet but if he is a winner in the cllimbing comp I look forward to it!

Haley pickin tomaters? thats cool, our little bub was trying to stand up on his own today, I love the pics of the treehouse little ones that are ahead of him doing their own milestone tasks.

:D

See you all in Kelowna next year hopefully!

home again from a good conference. probably the best pnw conference ive been to. was fabulous to meet darins family and great to meet roger. enjoyed a few conversations with tom also. im with darin, that unicender is a nice tool but out of my price range.

Roger has about a bazillion pictures of it but it might take him a day or two to get them up. I have a few and I'll resize them and post them later.

I'm home already. Went back to the park with several friends including the Scotts Baker and Altenhoff, to do some rope walking. Tom tried his Unicender, but it didn't work on Scott A's 3/8th KM lll. Then went to Sierra Trading Post, got some t-shirts, and a nice pair of dry weather work boots for $54! Gained an hour with the time zone, and made the 480 miles in about 8 hours.

Got gobs of messages to listen to, calls to make, bids to do, work to set up, gonna be hard to get pics up, but will try to at least post up a few.....

Scott A uses a Laserhawk wrist rocket sling shot with 1.5 oz weight to set lines, at up to 150 feet...using 20 lb test line. Too bad the tool is no longer made. I'd used Oxman's briefly a few years back..definitely a cool tool. Scott and Tom were discussing fabricating one, perhaps from aluminum......wouldn't be that hard.

It was only his third time ropewalking---with a Petzl Croll chest ascender, one handled ascender with foot tether, and Pantin. He jugged up 40 feet or so danged fast, seemed like 10 seconds!!

Back