2008 ISA PNW chapter annual meeting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah, mebbe I will just fly up and hotel it. My guess is it will be at the Grand anyways... or is there a different conference facility up there?

Hmm yah there's a few goodsized ones down there now, names escape me but there's atleast a couple more lakefront hotels with conference set-ups.

main prob with pnw is its always during elk season, if darin wasnt in boise id probably skip this year to. gotta hang with the old monkey whenthe chance comes along:)

haha, i been telling him for ages i was coming out, hate to back out now. and its alot closer. ive got a home show fri-sun, i tear down sun afternoon, and head for boise, get home wed night. friday afternoon i head for calif to a wedding, and all along the phone is ringing like mad:dur: should stay home........ but ive paid already

Yah it's a busy time of year for it to happen in the PNW. I'm starting to think I'm gonna run outta fall before I run outta work this year.

I'm not backing out I am just not doing the classes. I'll plenty available for socializing.

I'm leaving tomorrow nite or Fri AM. Driving to Clarkston to visit my bro and 94 yr old mom on the way. arriving Sat mid day or later......looking for a camping spot, cheap motel, or your backyard, Darin. Promise I won't mess with any farm animules......

Look forward to meeting you hosers....willie, Darin.....and you lurking fools, you!!

Call me, 206 909-2644...

My knee is recovering, I've done a bit of climbing, bringing my gear and the GRCS for Dan Kraus to use for his Monday speed line demo class.....

I'd blow off some conference classes to help ya wreck something big, Darin....but ya ain't got nuttin but puny li'l twigs, ya keep sayin'.....:cry:

Dodger....

fack, just talked with wiley, he's laid up with a bad flu/cold/cough...sounds miserable. Said it was mebbe the 6th time he'd ever been sick...which sounds about the number for this ole coot as well.....heal up, fast, good fella!!!

I unfortunately don't have any fun removals in the docket right now. There is yard and floor space for camping out here. We are about ten minutes from the competition site and conference center.

Well we've been in the mid 80's and sunny for weeks and today we got buckets of rain from a morning and then afternoon thunder storm. I got a cat rescue call and Haley and I responded to it. The cat had been in the tree for three days and suffered through this morning's storm. I usually bag the cat and repel down but this kitty climbed on my shoulders and stayed there for the trip down. It was a really nice cat. After that we stopped by the Park were they are setting up the competition. I wish I had signed up because the trees are not that hard. The master's challenge tree is the best one and I think it would be fun to climb. My back is pretty tweaked so its probably for the best that I will be on the ground. We are looking at 68 degrees and partly cloudy tomorrow. I saw Tom Dunlap at the park and two different versions of the Unicender. RBTree just got into town a few hours ago. I think Willie will be here very late tonight. It should all be pretty fun.

careful of RBtree, he is a dodgy one! If you get him and Oxman in the same room its trouble fersure!

It was a fun day today if a bit damp in the trees. I talked briefly with Roger, Tom Dunlap, Dan Krauss and I met Kathy Holzer. I spent half the day watching the competition and the other half in a climbing class put on by some Davey Tree guys and a fellow from Kewlona, BC. Roger took a bazillion pictures and was running here there and everywhere. Dan Krauss is going to put on a speedline demo tomorrow with my GRCS. I'll never wash it again.

I am jealous OM, I met the same folk here in Victoria a few years ago, looking forward to next year. Keep an eye on the RBTree feller, he is like a whirling dervish when it comes to taking pics!

He may crash here tonight at Casa de Mono but then he may go out drinking with all the climbers and sleep in his truck again. I hope I have the money and time to go to next year's show and meet you Canadian types.

Back