2004 international/versalift

Heres my thought on truck years/vintage whatever you want to call it.

A 2004 is an off lease truck, might be from a storm chaser ect. It may be newer but it may have been beat up, driven hard ect because they know in 4 yrs they get a new one.

A 2000 truck or so might be a piece of shit, or it may have had some of the things fixed that would routinely go wrong, ect.

Keep in mind these dealers are selling auction trucks, just the bare minimum is done to make them look good and get sold out the door. All these websites are selling "lipstick and rouge".

I'm going to try to search out some ALC's as well.

ALC = Ford F250 w/ a powerstroke
Versalift = Ford Ranger:P

But back to the scheduled rebuild thing, with an ALC you can look at the rod end and its stamped with the year it was built/or changed you know what your getting.

I've also heard ALC are built bomber, really heavy/ heavy duty.

Also built only about 20 min from here. Tonight I'll throw dust all over them while I'm at the MX track. :lol:

Altec and Hi Ranger are the big names around these parts. A couple Versa Lifts and Lift Alls but they are considered a lower class of lift. The majority of forestry units I see are line clearance trucks.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I here ya on the dealers, and I would love to find something private. I still think the original truck I was looking at the 04 could be a good deal if it isn't beat.

It's frusturating as hell for me right now as I knew what I had and I'd been through the thing front to back. That truck owed me nothing and was rock solid, no issues. Now I'm going to be taking a gamble no matter what in getting a new truck but it's a gamble I have to take.

Thanks others too for piping in, I always thought the versa was a really good lift but remember I've been pretty isolated and have only owned/used a bucket truck for a few years now. All these comments and input will hopefully help me to get into a good truck/lift combo.

8)

The single biggest thing is go there and look at it. Get an inspection form (daily, weekly and annual) from the manufacturer and perform the inspection before you buy.

If you are flying, ask the dealer to provide a mechanic and tools to perform the inspection with you. If they won't do it on a 50k truck, run away.

I could sell you this truck for a few dollars less than your budget...

Attachments

• !BVBkEdQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvEUjBKQZvwIMew~~_1.jpg
    !BVBkEdQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoH-DIEjlLlvEUjBKQZvwIMew~~_1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 152
Here is essentially the same truck, a little more mileage (hours is more important) minus the lipstick for alot less money.

http://www.schmidysmachinery.com/site/pub/lots/il/item.aspx?ItemID=1142

1142-0-3.jpg

And chromey rims too. Yah that's a nice looking truck for sure but I'd have to paint it then and 5' shorter. But certainly looks like a pretty decent deal. Heh as long as you don't mind keep the idears coming!8)

I'll probably have a bunch of trucks to ask questions about next week when I get some more info from Lonny at ITE. He's very close to me, about six or seven hours away so it would be alot easier then heading way out east. Also he sells quite a bit into western Canada so has dealt with the exporting thing lots.

A couple of houser's have already piped up that he runs a good outfit and that goes along ways for me too. That and he phoned me up on the weekend within hours of my inquiry on his website.

SQUISHER
that aloc of bartletts is sweet

ive flown that model..OMG it is smooth

i m on the verge of getting 60 g for equip and searching hard for good equip

not a lot of $ but easy enough on the payments

been racking my brain hard, all the while nursing my old crap along

if ca smog wasnt such a pita id have an easier time

stressfull, but the rewardwill be so sweet

ite does a complete go over on their rigs, that why their prices are higher than most....but its nice to have a good truck right away, not to have surprises and down time later..
after my last truck buying experience im apprehensive of most everyone

jonesred.....got a diesel aloc forestry that 'll pass ca smog for 30 g or less, with certs?

I bought mine from Lonnie also Squish, good guy. In fact we bought a truck or 2 from him at my last employer too.
For 50K I will deliver my truck to your door:D

Well we already know now that no one likes a Versalift besides me and maybe Erik.:D

But what do y'all think of this truck?

It's a 2000 f750, 60' versalift, 55,000miles on it and is right across the line in Washington. The asking price is 43g US. Heh you guys that know Lonnie, does he move much on his prices?8)

Oh yah, I'll probably be driving y'all mental over the next week with questions.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 97
Cat c-7 with a six speed standard. I don't know the hours yet, that's on my list of questions I'm compiling to e-mail Lonnie back. He's got another of the same set-up that's in the paint shop right now, that he wants 48g for. This one wasn't painted, although I'm assuming the undercarriage on this one was given a shot of black from the looks of the pics.

Attachments

• GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 116
I didn't dicker with him, asked for bottom price with paint. It was supposed to be a 5.9 cummins with a 6spd and when I got there it was a 5-2. That really irratated me but he didn't seem like he wanted to move. He had my deposit, I had flown in and he said it should have been 3k more with paint than Bob quoted me so I took it. 6 spd is the way to go imo. Stay away from the 7 spds, real pain to shift

No Lonnie won't move much on price. He is pretty sharp, plus since you are so far away He's making sure you're getting the best rig possible, cause it's not exactly easy to get a mechanic to you. That truck looks nice, I like those chassis. What's the engine a 7.3?

Justin, I'll re-iterate; all of the Versa's I've flown have worked flawlessly, and I've liked the working radius of the booms.

The 60' AConn I owned was okay, but I wouldn't have wet dreams over it, either. I actually liked the Skyworker I had before that better, in terms of boom break.

Hi-Danger in a non-OC configuration (like mine) sucks for side reach, but the end-mounted bucket does have it's advantages.

Anyone know much about these Cat c-7's? I'm e-mailing Lonnie a small book of questions today, hopefully he doesn't think I'm to much of a pita to deal with.:lol:

Back