2004 international/versalift

I prefer levers over pistol grip. I can one hand the three levers, all at once when needed, no problemo. A brand new pistol grip is a bitch to break in.

There isn't any 'break in' for a pistol grip, just getting it adjusted and set up properly. I suspect the one you're talking about has unresolved problems that won't fix themselves if you just keep using it long enough. Just like the bucket that doesn't hang level.

No, 20 years ago I was operating a brand spanking new lift and the pistol grip in that sucker was WAY harder to move than the old HiRanger it was replacing. I liked the old Asplundh trucks with the lever better.

Mikes bucket is older and moves just fine. I wasn't talking about his truck.

I can one hand the 3 levers also but the pistol is easier to run. I can see the the tension of the new return springs being a little stiff but i'd rather that than ghost riding the bucket with weak springs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't get me wrong I'm liking the pistol grip set-up it just takes a little getting used to. I could multi-function the levers with one hand too but I can see how that's definetly going to be easier with the pistol grip as I get more used to it.

Also, I'm registered and insured now so it's game on.:evil:

Time to get the camera back from the wifey and bring it along in the truck for a few days. We need some action shots! :D

For me, the pistol grip works my shoulder/upper pecs way more than the levers work my hands/forearms.

The larger the muscle group used, the more effort is required.

Sounds like you had a bad experience with a bad unit many years ago, Butch. Pistol grips don't require much pressure or muscle to use. About as much pressure as pushing the three individual levers on an old style setup, except there's only one. That must have been one messed up control to bias your opinion so firmly for so long. I like being able to move in whatever direction I want just by moving the lever in that direction, and being able to feather all three functions at once with one control.

This is what the cheerleaders are saying down here.

Attachments

• teryncheerleadingsmc.jpg
    teryncheerleadingsmc.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 43
I'll report back after some intensive use, but the pistol in my new bucket does not seem hard to move at all effortwise. I never considered the levers in my old bucket hard to use either though.

Lol, still white. I've got the camera now in the truck and I'll make an effort to get a few pics for you Brian. I've got a few removals in a cemetery this week starting tomorrow. Kinda creepy.

Nothing to exciting I think, although I have the option on the one bigger dead fir to use a excavator like a crane to remove the lower/bigger part of the trunk. That could be kinda interesting.

It's gonna be kind of funny. I'm gonna make a bunch more money to have to rig/piece them out over the graves when a couple sections of crappy old fence could be taken down and then just fall them into a big pasture. The neighboring land owner won't allow any trespass unless the city is willing to replace his fence with a new chainlink one. I lmao'd.

Back