2004 international/versalift

Mine had a couple leaks when I got it but they were just bad fittings. Easy enough to pick up standard brass fittings at Home Depot and replace them.

Don't let the DOT man find those fittings that aren't stamped DOT. Your $4.00 compression union will cost you about $300.00 and a red tag.

and its MOT up here. :D
Squish, whats the rulez here for that rig? Class 1 drivers and air brake endorsement?

It used to be until very recently. I think on my last renewal I asked why they didn't list the air brake endorsement and they said it wasn't a separate deal any more.

Netree, up here you can get an air brake ticket without having a class 1 DL, AFAIK. I guess Justin will let us know if he gets it figured.

Class A Any combo GVW
Class B Any truck, 10,000 trailer
Class C 26,000 with a tank, HAZMAT etc.
Class D passenger vehicle

There are under cdl rigs with air brakes. Don't know if you have to get the Class B now because of the air brakes? Used to be an endorsement, I guess not anymore.

Andrew- 26000 lbs, yes (I think). I believe the clerk said that it could be listed as a restriction (no air brake equipped vehicles) but was no longer listed as a separate endorsement.

Air brakes has never been an endorsement; rather, a restriction (Vehicles without air brakes) you received if you didn't take the air brake test when you went for your CDL.

Ironically, a passenger car license (Class D) doesn't automatically come with this restriction, so as long as the weight is under a CDL, air brakes is just fine.

:)

Funny, because I had an air brake endorsement for many years on my license.

I guess this just goes to prove that every state is different, and Canadian laws are different from American laws.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Paul, up here a class 5 with airbrake will do for that truck. The 4600kg is a limit on trailer weight for commercial use not for the truck itself. Class 3 isn't required until going three or more axles.

scary. any schmoe drivers license will get you in that truck if you have airbrake ticket. kind of like those 68 foot motorhomes, yikes.
bigbus1.jpg

Here, it's endorsments. You have air brakes, doubles and tripples, passenger and then HAZMAT.
I forget the clases, but it's like Dave said, under 26k, any truck and trailer to 10k, anything, then we throw in the limo for fun.

We just have class A, B and C and like was said above, air brakes is a restriction, not an endorsement. One of my guys just got his CDL on Tuesday and since I dont have an airbrake truck he has that restriction

Justin, are you going to go down and pick up the truck, or will they bring it across the border for you?

Leon, Justin doesn't have a passport so I believe he's going to have it delivered to the border and processed through customs. Then Justin will pick it up on the Canadian side.

Justin, make sure you talk to Lonnie about getting the truck cleared for Canadian registration. I'm not sure what all is involved, and you probably don't either, but Lonnie should know what needs to be done so you can register and insure the truck.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You bet Brian, we've been setting that all up. Not a huge deal just a extra one time only federal inspection on the truck(provincial inspections are annual) and some paper shuffling. We've made the deal I'll pick it up on the Canadian side of the Sumas border crossing looking like wednesday or thursday of next week.8)

A bit of a leap of faith but with Dave's help I feel alot better about having gone ahead with this deal. Power to the treehouse when you've got a bro you've never even met who's willing to go out of his way to help you out. Thanks.:rockon:

It seems like the Treehouse Brotherhood just keeps getting stronger. It's nice having so many guys in so many places you can call on when you need a hand. 8)

I could have found you a truck, but the steering wheel would be on the wrong side.....and the shipping :roll:

That's why I didn't offer. :)

Back