2004 international/versalift

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some more pics.

It comes with all new matching locks on the forestry box. Fresh cert's on the boom, including stress testing the fiberglass, dielectric, x-raying all welds, checking all fasteners for torque. And the cert is done out of house. 90 day major mechanical warranty. All good tires and whatnot. And it's not from an auction.

J-bred any thoughts on that c-7 motor? Is that just a 3126 or whatever?

Attachments

• GetAttachment4.jpg
    GetAttachment4.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 89
  • GetAttachment7.jpg
    GetAttachment7.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 88
  • GetAttachment6.jpg
    GetAttachment6.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 87
  • GetAttachment10.jpg
    GetAttachment10.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 89
Call your Cat dealer with the Vin# to find out if it has any major work.

I had heard the 3116 Cat's were junk, Not sure on the 3126 motor.

Ask your local Cat dealer,

I wonder if my Canadian dealer would be able to bring anything up with the vin but I'll try. I plow the local cat dealership in the winter.8)

The Cat 3126 is a very good motor with a very good reputation.

According to what I've found through Google, it looks like the 3126 may very well be the predecessor to the C7. I cannot find exact specs but both are 7.2 liter inline 6 motors. I can't find any current info on the Caterpillar website for the 3126 yet so it appears it's no longer being made with that name.

I beleive that's correct Brian. I'll be stopping by CAT tomorrow to find out and ask about these motors.

Yeah, that's a great looking truck.

Guy around here had a versa lift, he was brutal to his truck and lift, he said the versa lift was great.

I own ALC, they are an awesome workhorse.

I've got a 3116 and a 3126, the 3116 has been very reliable, the 3126 needed new injectors after 25k miles.

Just got back. The truck is a good one. I ran it up the road, pulled a couple of grades, set up the lift, fast enough, smooth hydros. Nice big pump on that rig. Engine runs great. front tires are 75%. The tire guy will be there this afternoon to put 4 "new' caps on the back. I like the toolbox configuration.

A couple of pics of the engine room and underside. Sorry Justin I ran out of battery, Lonnie said he sent you some pics of the boxes, etc.

Attachments

• fisher truck 001.jpg
    fisher truck 001.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 4
  • fisher truck 002.jpg
    fisher truck 002.jpg
    987.8 KB · Views: 3
  • fisher truck 003.jpg
    fisher truck 003.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 3
  • fisher truck 004.jpg
    fisher truck 004.jpg
    976.2 KB · Views: 3
That is awesome Dave. That's exactly the pics and report that I was looking for and hoping to get. Thanks so much for going out of your way to do this man it's really helping me out for sure.

It's real simple- you need air pressure to release the brakes. Without air pressure, it ain't moving. Typically very low maintenance and repair costs are usually much less than Ford's old electric over hydraulic setup. Mine had a couple leaks when I got it but they were just bad fittings. Easy enough to pick up standard brass fittings at Home Depot and replace them.

Well, looks like we'll be starting the paperwork on it tomorrow morning.8)

Dealing with Lonnie has been a pleasure so far, real on the ball guy. I'll definetly keep y'all posted as to how it all goes down.

Dave, hats off to you man, I owe ya one bigtime.

Back