Page 6521 of 6535 FirstFirst ... 55216021642164716511651965206521652265236531 ... LastLast
Results 65,201 to 65,210 of 65343

Thread: How'd it go today?

Quote Originally Posted by CurSedVoyce View Post
    Sounds like an old piece of iron I would love. Looked at a willyz powered Lincoln once. I think Burnam looked at it for me. Got my itch to need scratchin.
    I remember my expedition to check that beast out, Stephen. His ad said something like "runs perfect". When I got there to check it out, he brought out a fresh battery from his shop, hooked it up, hit the starter. Dad-blamed thing never turned over an inch...smoke soon poured off the battery and starter cables...I was sure he was going to burn the thing down. He never gave up on it until the battery started spitting acid out from under the fill caps. By then I was far away, and getting farther by the moment. That was an easy one to recommend against, my friend .
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

California Hillbilly Sponsor CurSedVoyce's Avatar

Still, appreciated you checking it out for me.
    I eventually sold my 51 Willyz. Never found the time to keep on the project. Nice local guy bought it. Thrilled to have it. Lilly, not so thrilled. She loved taking rides in it.
    Interesting how a limited gene pool and a limited labor force seem to be so closely related.

Yup, girls love jeeps . Don't like these fire pics you're showing us, S. Be careful, and best luck.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."

Well, got my place mowed finally yesterday.

New strings on the mando & old fiddle…Guitar is in the shop getting the bridge glued back down and should get it back in a week or so…I’m ready for the snow to fly!

Going to try again to get the tractor out onto the driving range this afternoon to pick balls and mow if possible…hoping it’s dry enough today.
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

New strings RAWK!

Sometimes...I'm trying out new types on both instruments.

I think I like them both better than the old sets, but will see how they play & sound after they settle in a bit.

I have another, slightly heavier new set for the mando...I'll run these for a while then switch & see which I like better.

Mandolin strings are inexpensive enough to go through several sets before I reach the price of one set for the fiddle.
    Due to current budgetary restrictions the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off -- sorry about the inconvenience.

Fiddle strings are expensive? I wonder why???

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Cats are hard to catch.
    Deyr fÚ,
    deyja frŠndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dˇmr um dau­an hvern.

Especially since they can somehow tell if you wish them harm...

They see your aura.