The Official Work Pictures Thread

No, LZ was pretty open, the tree had a good spread, so the crane was set back a ways for canopy picks.
I can’t recall the radius, though.
I was aiming for 5k-6k picks from the tops and branches. We moved the crane closer for the trunk picks.

This one was fun... two cuts.

See the Pimpmobile in the back?

Attachments

• party time.jpg
    party time.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 45
  • trees 026_edited (Medium).jpg
    trees 026_edited (Medium).jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 43
Nutball, the 32" Husqvarna bar I found on the busy roadway looked far better (probably usable) than that bar! Yowch! If someone on your crew thinks a chainsaw = Sawzall, they need go join a demo crew somewhere where they can use demo saws and demo blades. Of course, we do know that the best metal detector is a brand new chain...

The day before I put a new chain on a 391, same job, the operator, a climber, went to cut a stump, but nicked fence wire just before the cut, so he cut above that, only hurt a couple teeth. Then comes along the new guy to cut the stump lower, goes right through 7 strands of wire in the stump and says he felt nothing unusual. The chain on his personal saw is always dull though, so I guess he's used to grinding through whatever.

Hoopty! My daughter had her 1983 Malibu stolen by thugs to be their hoopty. Pissed me off. I was able to use ATM access attempts (they got her ATM card and cell phone) and phone records to localize an area.

I rigged out like "Taxi Driver"....it was about year 2000. Strapped on a K-bar in a shoulder holster set up and a Sig .45 and staked out the hood. I actually saw the car my first night on stakeout, at a Mom and Pop 7-11. It had two 4x4 inch squares of black rust treatment where I was trying to stop some rust at the lower back windshield...they looked like two big black square eyes.

I saw those two black eyes as I drove past the store...the car was pulled up nose first. I wheeled into a carwash at 2AM and turned around to go get the car about 300 yards back. That's when I saw all the zombies watching from the shadows. I learned that hot summer night to look deeply into shadows...every shadow held a lurker. It was a real bad area and full of drug folks...summertime and they were roaming all over.

It was probably good the car was gone when I got back to the store. My plan was to block its escape with my car until the cops got there. I would have probably ended up in a fire-fight and badly outnumbered. A stupid situation but I was a pretty pissed off fellow at that point.

I went back to that neighborhood every night for about a week, cruised slowly through nearby neighborhoods, followed a few suspect cars. One night (late...it was usually at least 11pm or midnight before I hit the hood) I was slumped down in my Saturn watching traffic and two black women with about 5 little kids milling around them walked by the car. The grownups didn't notice me. One of the kids hollered, "mama, I just saw a white man in that car!" They spun around, saw me and all took off running. :lol:

I moved my stakeout location that night....I never saw the car again until about 1-2 months later. We got a call that it had been impounded. I went to the impound lot and got some flak from the lot owners about some official madness they wanted to subject me to before I could go see the car. I said, "forget it" and I left, found the car on their big lot and popped the trunk to look for the reason for all my drive and madness...my daughter's Outward Bound journal. She had it in the trunk, along with groceries, when the car was stolen.

Amazingly the journal was still there and OK...the groceries were there, too...awful. The inside of the car was stripped...the thugs used the inside trim to deck out another car. My biggest surprise was when I opened the hood to check the fluids before I tried to drive it out.

NO ENGINE!!! All I saw was ground...I couldn't have been more surprised if a tiger had exploded from the engine area. They took that 231(?) chevy engine for another car...bastards. All told it worked out good. I got my hunter/killer rigging fine tuned for proper movement and use and she got her journal. And I didn't have to go to jail for shooting a bunch of low life mofo's.

Gary, why does this incredible story not even surprise me??? :lol: all i can visualise is you going full on death wish thru atl while searching for an 83 malibu hahahahahaha

Kyle, that is a pretty good description of it. It's not the brightest thing I have done but it sure felt right at the time.

And, MB...that was Katie's grandmother's car...all in the family.

I hope you understand that i meant it in no way possible to be construed as a bad thing, that's actually one of the most badass things I've ever heard!!!

I had a tracked chipper on a trailer stolen, put a reward up in the local paper, the thief called me up and arranged to meet in a pub car park for the hand over.

I took some mates, got the chipper back, no money changed hands.

I hope you understand that i meant it in no way possible to be construed as a bad thing, that's actually one of the most badass things I've ever heard!!!

Haha...no problem...I didn't read it as finger pointing. I can tell you have an appreciation of the audacious. Too often audacious will get ones' ass kicked. I strive to be judicious with my audacity.:D

He phoned up to claim the reward and when I said ‘ok great where is it etc.?’ He got all coy and came up with some old crap about a mate buying it in good faith etc. all bullshit.

Would only agree to meet in a pub car park miles from where I lived. When we turned up mob handed there was a skinny kid with a hood up over his face who (laughably) said “ have you got the money?” Well one look at my mate (another tree guy who had sold me the machine a couple of years before) walking purposefully towards him saying in a West Country accent (think of a Hollywood pirate, à la Robert Newton, that accent) “c’mere you, I wanna word with you” and the kid lit out over a wall like a startled rabbit straight into the perps car and away.

Coppers traced the number plate, told me he was a well known trailer and equipment thief.

We were working at a nice old property in Oslo today. A lady had just bought it and was completely refitting inside and doing a lot of work outside.

There was a large spruce in the middle of the garden. I say was, now there is a large visible piece of sky. Back tomorrow to reduce a Birch and finish the cleanup.

Attachments

• EE46E1EB-570D-4CBD-BAC9-3F64139AEDBA.jpg
    EE46E1EB-570D-4CBD-BAC9-3F64139AEDBA.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 343FC97A-5DD0-439E-A164-292B5C3AE4BF.jpg
    343FC97A-5DD0-439E-A164-292B5C3AE4BF.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 39
  • EA04039F-F95E-4672-9762-8CCBEF03C8DA.jpg
    EA04039F-F95E-4672-9762-8CCBEF03C8DA.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 37
  • FF148E82-25BD-409A-99EF-192A898264F6.jpg
    FF148E82-25BD-409A-99EF-192A898264F6.jpg