The Official Work Pictures Thread

To me, dumping logs on a brush pile at the base of each tree (not made with all the brush) would cut the impact most.
Maybe a piece of rope to hold the pile together. Logs will roll off.
A 2+ piles to drop a spar on.
What is your plan, Rich? I'm expecting you have a skid steer available, no?

Always good to hear many thoughts.

If I could crater the ground, if clean it all up, first.

My plan is to cleanup and strategically drop the spars for minimum impact. Skid steer to chip and only one area of disturbance. I’m quite skilled at minimal damage with a skid steer.

. Skid steer to chip and only one area of disturbance. I’m quite skilled at minimal damage with a skid steer.

Good call, but ime, it takes extra time to limit things to minimal damage, vs less time required if more damage is permitted. Which is why artic loaders (or a steerable bobcat (A300?)) are preferable, imo.

Btw, are you using a root rake grapple on your SS to chip or some other implement? Thanks

I mean, what is your strategery to not put a long crater from the spars? Is the ground very firm? What will dissipate the force of the falling spars? Logs from one spar to absorb the impact from the others?

If you have the skid steer to grab the logs, why not flop them on the brush to act as a cushion and then pluck them up with the skid steer before you chip?

How do you mean, Rich? I don't understand.

Whenever I have worked on a golf course, they never shut unless it is bad weather. So we had to try and minimise damage to the fairway and dropping anything on tee boxes or greens was an absolute no-no.

They way the trees have been tackled has kept the brush within the areas to the base the of the trees rather than flopping in one and spreading the crap over a larger area.

Just my thoughts, I am sure the other Rich will comment if he sees this.

Yup pretty much sums it up Rich. That and sprinkler lines. Prolly gonna use a few cushion logs. Cleanup sucks today though. Just finished our second load of chips and taking a quick break

Couple stump pics, wattle about 24"...infested with stink ants...bleagh ::?

Attachments

• 2529.jpg
    2529.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 2528.jpg
    2528.jpg
    197.1 KB · Views: 47
Wowser! Did something drop on it?

Probably. A lot happens when I'm not around: A log got dropped on a new Echo 490 crushing the rear handle, switch, and choke. Today I found out someone used the 661 with new chain to cut through a metal fence T post and wire in a stump on purpose. Tore the teeth off the chain, and they ruined the chain on one or 2 more saws. Sounds like they got through it though.

No, I was being serious. The crane was large enough and close enough...

Was it a tiny LZ? I've had to do that - it sucks.

Back