The Official Work Pictures Thread

Nothing better than being full stick and trying to make a cut and the saw is pushing you out of the cut. It looks like you are using a crosscut saw. Lol

View attachment 138427View attachment 138428View attachment 138429View attachment 138430[So…the customer is always right, right? “We don’t care about that car or the concrete, just cut it”. Ok…💣 (The car is kind of banged up and doesn’t run…) I just didn’t want to hit the almost finished brand new roof.]

Couldn’t reach the top and the wind was blowing the fronds all over.

1hr.

Why is it they always wait til a new roof is on to do the tree work? Doh! Should do the trees first.

Are all your trees amazing Deva, or are you cherry picking them for posting? Would you say Hawaii tends to have more amazing trees than... Wherever. Just pick a place that gets nice spready hardwoods?

I suspect Deva has plenty of forgettable trees he works on just like we all do, but yeah, HI may well have more amazing trees than lotta places

Yes, I’ve worked in the burn… I travel to Lahaina often for work.
The central banyan is returning but not symmetrical as it was.
Lots to rebuild there.

what blows my mind is that they are all still paying a mortgage on a house that’s gone
and a lot that they are excluded from until deemed federally safe.

Yes, I’ve worked in the burn… I travel to Lahaina often for work.
The central banyan is returning but not symmetrical as it was.
Lots to rebuild there.

what blows my mind is that they are all still paying a mortgage on a house that’s gone
and a lot that they are excluded from until deemed federally safe.
Yeah, it’s crazy about the mortgage thing. Then again, the banks aren’t going to suffer.

Ok, I know nothing about palm. What's the problem there aside from it looking stupid? Should it have been trimmed all the way up, or not trimmed at all? My vote is for the latter.

Ok, I know nothing about palm. What's the problem there aside from it looking stupid? Should it have been trimmed all the way up, or not trimmed at all? My vote is for the latter.
What I've done there is known as a "hurricane prune." Ignorant folks think it's better to trim off nearly everything since it will prevent them from breaking during storms, and to prolong the time until the next pruning cycle. In reality, it simply starves the plant of food, which is produced by the leaves. As Carl said, this leads to a thinning of the trunk, as well as excess flowering and seed production. Palms grow from the top center, with the older, outer leaves yellowing and eventually dying off. Best practice is to remove the older dead and dying fronds, leaving live fronds at the "9 o'clock and 3 o'clock" positions.

Back