The Official Work Pictures Thread

Speedline out the fronds and catch a few chunks. Easy peezy lemon squeezy. Or are you going for the flop?
I guess I won’t know til I get up in the bucket. Hope to flop. I was thinking to use the tops as sails. Maybe take the back side fronds off first.

Then chunk as necessary.

To make a chunk jump off the stump, I think kind of closed face (how deep?), thin hinge(gut it?), shove it hard to get some momentum?

I guess I won’t know til I get up in the bucket. Hope to flop. I was thinking to use the tops as sails. Maybe take the back side fronds off first.

Then chunk as necessary.

To make a chunk jump off the stump, I think kind of closed face (how deep?), thin hinge(gut it?), shove it hard to get some momentum?
Do a horizontal cut from the side you want it to go to.
Cut untill the cut starts closing on the bar.
Turn that into a Humbold, then fell it from behind, making sure your felling cut is level with the face.
That way gravity will make it go over.

Make sense?
If not I'll try to explain it differently.

Variation is the spice of life!
Saturday we did that shitty hedge job.
Then I got a call; a harvester needed help with some big Grand fir.
So today we strapped on the caulk boots and went logging in the fine spring weather.
Drove home early.
Happy and smelling strongly of Grand fir sap. 20240429_083459.jpg 20240429_084547.jpg 20240429_090204.jpg 20240429_120846.jpg 20240429_121241.jpg

Last edited:
I’m fine in the lift as long as I’m “in” a tree. With the lift and the tree waving around differently and just hanging in space it’s disorienting and unnerving.

We had a welding job recently where the guys had to go 136’ up. Went through three until we got two that could stick it out, and even they were scared.

Last edited:
Tell ya what, lifts scare me more than climbing as long as the wood's healthy. I trust my gear. I have a harder time trusting numerous moving parts on an impossibly small base bouncing all over the place D^:
That lift is an old piece of junk too. If I disappear off the forum it probably killed me.

I’m fine in the lift as long as I’m “in” a tree. With the lift and the tree waving around differently and just hanging in space it’s disorienting and unnerving.

We had a welding job recently where the guys had to go 136’ up. Went through three until we got two that could stick it out, and even they were scared.

Man basket on a crane or simply climbing out to it for the weld?

Back