The Official Work Pictures Thread

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
First two are of Monday's kill. Seems to be three or four pin oaks grown together. The four main leads averaged 36" diameter. Property owner said he measured 37 feet circumference this spring. It was all rotten in the very base. Still need to go back to flush the stump and grind. Third pic is a big lead we hung in an oak yesterday and last is the finished result. It was rough with three of us. No pics of today's pruning. Get some tomorrow when I go to finish.

Sorry they're all side ways. I got a new phone. Need time to figure things out

You seem to be one of the TH cats who only does big trees 8)

How do you like the Terex

I like the terex boom a lot. So much so that I bought one myself. We've had very few issues since they bought them used six years ago. That one had a 20 grand overhaul last fall. Bad table bearing and while that was going on replaced every hose, pin, seal, and rod.
The boss and estimator both label things as "Rich" trees when bidding. I don't mind them. I like the challenge. I could also be perfectly content with pruning crab apples for a while.

It was the 3rd biggest tree I have ever done I think.

Shins were fine Paul, never had an issue wearing geckos, however it was murder on the elbows carting a 66 about & had to take Wednesday off :(

View attachment 62986View attachment 62987View attachment 62988View attachment 62989
First two are of Monday's kill. Seems to be three or four pin oaks grown together. The four main leads averaged 36" diameter. Property owner said he measured 37 feet circumference this spring. It was all rotten in the very base. Still need to go back to flush the stump and grind. Third pic is a big lead we hung in an oak yesterday and last is the finished result. It was rough with three of us. No pics of today's pruning. Get some tomorrow when I go to finish.

Sorry they're all side ways. I got a new phone. Need time to figure things out

Nice - you seem to really get through some tree work

I need to get a go pro. Not in the budget right now. Of course then I'll need to learn to edit and download and that technical stuff. Damn these fancy computing machines.

Great pics!

Ash from last Saturday. This one the camera angle makes it look like I'm right on the road. Just re-ascended, I had a higher PSP but discovered a defect I couldn't over look. Kinda PITA rigging and working this one, managed to get the stop lights timed right when cutting and lowering limbs. Tree was 4 inches away from being a municipal job.

16988_10156055441370492_4605175549165425871_n.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg
Two of my oaks I dead wooded yesterday. They were really nice to climb. image.jpg
Only removal today was a Bradford pear that had lost a section earlier this summer. Been easy going so far. More big oaks to deadwood the rest of today

Second try with this phone didn't work either. Sorry

I need to get a go pro. Not in the budget right now. Of course then I'll need to learn to edit and download and that technical stuff. Damn these fancy computing machines.

Rich, I have two of these...GoPro knockoffs. I have been able to get some good video...in trees and underwater...comes with waterproof case and LOTS of accessory clips to attach it to helmets, belts, chest harness...lots of clip apparati. (Apparatuses)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KX1YSOA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01

Be sure to get the one by Afunta...there are some copies that I read about that don't interchange batteries, cases, etc. with GoPro..this one is supposed to be able to use GP stuff if you need to.

Current price is $68.90 Camera pictures at bottom...I can't figure out how to specifically place picts/videos in a post.

Here is sample of some of Afunta video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-aNXnVdkaMw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and treework:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cb3HYJobLlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

from dry to wet:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YuNLF8L4Cig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• Afunta camera.jpg
    Afunta camera.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Afunta accessories.jpg
    Afunta accessories.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 54
I actually enjoy deadwooding. We do a lot of it out in Norway. Climbing large trees and maybe making only 20 odd cuts.

Beats working in the UK re reducing trees, akin to death by a thousand cuts.

Some from a couple days ago. Gray Pine.... HO left a nice review on FB and sent pictures :)
You can kind of see it in the pictures, there was another larger leader prior to the first picture. You can't hardly tell I had already removed a ton of brush on the street side of the tree for the rigging. I left some of the brush towrd the light pole to mitigate swing off the back leader I just refer to. Help keep it off a power line and street light.

Attachments

• Faulkner1.jpg
    Faulkner1.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Faulkner2.JPG
    Faulkner2.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 62
  • Faulkner3.JPG
    Faulkner3.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Faulkner4.JPG
    Faulkner4.JPG
    262.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Faulkner5.JPG
    Faulkner5.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Faulkner6.JPG
    Faulkner6.JPG
    215.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Faulkner7.JPG
    Faulkner7.JPG
    212.9 KB · Views: 61
Never seen a gray pine myself. From what you guys have posted they are a sappy mess to deal with. Those aren't little trees that you deal with either. I bet I'll never touch a tree over 120' unless I decide to make a long road trip.

The boss and estimator both label things as "Rich" trees when bidding. .

Haha, that can be taken different ways. Like, Wow this removal is going to be nuts, lets say it will be a rich and rewarding experience instead of calling a hellish character building ordeal. Or wow this removal that Rich is going to do is gonna make us rich! Or wow what that custy is wacko, the way he said he wanted his trees trimmed was rich. :lol:

Basal pruned a pecan now have about 6 bushels of pecans curing;) At 5:30 went and did this Lil job for the bank. Had to get wet to cut the stump where it failed.
bff1fd5f01964d3df0df473263a860ff.jpg

329bd31f30944fef57d90c885591d993.jpg

391acfd53b06f4ed326e4c04d2bbc885.jpg

c3fbcfaddf4bee9a56f6e40f3dc7f75a.jpg

e75bcdc39f1b40ee9ca8b3148bacb25d.jpg

ea28cf922f42a71c32961e6572e7c2d4.jpg

Certainly not one I'll do often. Half way through I thought highline tram but already had it working out so I missed out on doing something cooler:)

Wow it is busy on the forum this time of night.

Nice pics.

Working in Norway again for 3 weeks. Just got in from doing a night shift. We worked today 7am till 3 then back out at 10pm and got back and done by 4 am.

Reducing a load of trees along side a major city ring road. No pics though I'm afraid, it was dark!

Back