Carlton Stump Grinding Wheel

FJR

Treehouser
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me determine the value of this wheel (Carlton 2500-4). It is for sale if anyone is interested. I have no need for it now after I upgraded to a Sandvik wheel. It has a 1 7/8" shaft if that helps at all.
Carlton Wheel 1.jpg Carlton Wheel 2.jpg

Attachments

• Carlton Wheel 1.jpg
    Carlton Wheel 1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 59
Have you used the sandvik enough to tell us how u lke it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have probably done 75-100 stumps with the new wheel. It is much more efficient, smoother operation, and just flat out meaner.

If anyone is interested in the old wheel i would be willing to let it go for cheap, I think I even have a bunch of brand new teeth.

So far I haven't noticed a large difference between Green Teeth and the Revolution wheel. Still waiting to get in a bigger stump to see how it does.

Price wise, unless you find someone needing that specific part, it's locally worth about $8-10 depending on its weight. I scrapped the first wheel I replaced (nearly worn out according to dad), not sure if I'll scrap the wheel I just took off or not. It's worth about $20 :lol:.

Any more feedback on the Sandvik or revolution wheels??

They aren't amazing, but they are good. Green Teeth may be faster, but tooth life on the Revolution is outstanding. I have 28 teeth on my cutter wheel, I bet I haven't changed more than half since my last post including the most recent two that broke the bolt because they were loose.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep, they are extremely durable. I have never ran green teeth so I can't compare against those, but I have ran the pro series and the old standard teeth. The pro series were just as fast, but much less durable. The chip quality on the revolution wheel is much finer and nicer.

I still have that cutting wheel in the first post. I have put it in the scrap pile four times, but my dad keeps pulling it out and saying it is worth more than scrap. :|: I imagine I'll have to toss it in scrap a few more time before he'll let it go.

Back