Unique speed line setup

I know there are some loggers here who have used highline logging before.
A motorized carriage is used in this type of logging. It picks up loads, travels on the high line, and lowers loads.

I have always thought it would be great to have this type of set up for us (backyard) tree guys.

pfft. Playing at cable yarding. :)

might be usefull for a confined takedown where anchor points can be gained either side of the tree. Myself, I would be phoning for a crane ;)

Did that last year on the pine Mike and I did with Sid.

Cool, ain't it?

like frans was talking about...
yarder and carriage

i havent put one together yet but ive been thinking about it , god knows i have enough 300 ft lengths of 5/8 stable braid laying around

i have a gheto version without a carriage that i use to pickup and fling chokers of brush down hill to the chipper with
works excellent, but id like to try it with a pulley and grcs and a seperate line for a haulback
now that my 1/2 inch ropes are getting retired soon, theyll be up for a trial run

pretty complicated...:|:

Yep, that stuff take a lot of time to setup and operate and the groundie has to be savvy with the system. It has application in really confined LZs though. I've worked a couple of golf course jobs where I could've used it but we just stopped the pieces over the LZ and slacked the the speedline.

Back