Ohio comp, who's going??

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Just curious if anyone from the house will be at the Ohio comp in Cincinnati on June 6th. I know John from Knot and Rope Supply(one of my splicing mentors:D) will be there with a bunch of rope (AWESOME!!)

Hopefully I can make it up Friday, but if not, then early Saturday.

Should be fun, especially since it's just a 2 days after school is out on the 4th. YEAH!

You should compete! Those events are great leaning experiences, and it pushes you to challenge yourself when you don't have to worry about saws and all that.

It totally changed the way I climb I think.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You should compete! Those events are great leaning experiences, and it pushes you to challenge yourself when you don't have to worry about saws and all that.

It totally changed the way I climb I think.

Thanks Wagnaw, but I think I'll pass on this one!! I'm going to observe, and a big one I'll be spending time on is Aerial Rescue. I'm still a bit confused on that event, so hopefully this comp can clear that up!

The upcoming KY comp though, that is a different story. I'm seriously considering competing in it. I'm even more confident about it now that I know I may be able to omit one event (the footlock for me) I'm still working on that and I don't know if I could do the full 50ft fl. Other than that, I think I would be ok.

Thanks Wagnaw, but I think I'll pass on this one!! I'm going to observe, and a big one I'll be spending time on is Aerial Rescue. I'm still a bit confused on that event, so hopefully this comp can clear that up!

The upcoming KY comp though, that is a different story. I'm seriously considering competing in it. I'm even more confident about it now that I know I may be able to omit one event (the footlock for me) I'm still working on that and I don't know if I could do the full 50ft fl. Other than that, I think I would be ok.

Hey RD,

do you know where the comp is at? Can anyone show up and watch?

Thanks,
Nick

Sure, anyone can show up and just watch.

The info

WHERE: Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum in Cincinnati, Ohio
WHEN: Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Competition
MEETINGS:
Friday, June 5, 2009 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Judges’ Meeting
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mandatory Pre-TCC Meeting –
Competitors & Judges-Equip. Check
Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:00 am Registration

Sure, anyone can show up and just watch.

The info

WHERE: Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum in Cincinnati, Ohio
WHEN: Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:30 am – 4:00 pm Competition
MEETINGS:
Friday, June 5, 2009 5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Judges’ Meeting
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Mandatory Pre-TCC Meeting –
Competitors & Judges-Equip. Check
Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:00 am Registration

I'll be there!

Thanks!

Nick

Ohio comp pics!!

Just some pics. Didn't really get any of the master's event, since lighting was poor. I'll look through those tomorrow, but for now, here's the others!

First one is Dad and the other judge's in his group. Second is me assisting with the dummy in AR and head judge(Rick The Real Deal Denbeau!!) doing score sheets.

Last few are of me ascending the Pin Oak to help break down the AR event. You can't tell from the pics but I was 60 to 70 ft in the air.

Awesome Day!!8):evil::D

Attachments

• IMG_0571.jpg
    IMG_0571.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0575.jpg
    IMG_0575.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0579.jpg
    IMG_0579.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0580.jpg
    IMG_0580.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 3
It wasn't hard to pick which one is your dad. :)

Pin Oaks sure get big over there. Mine is 20 years old and only 30ft, I don't think I've ever seen one with limbs that big. 60/70ft around here tops, but not many.

I hear ya. The limb size really suprised me for it's size. We have Pin Oaks around here that have a larger trunk, but it's limb size is nothing compared to this one. A very nice tree indeed!

The size of the Ohio trees just depends on what part of the state you are in .

I have a pinner in front of the house that must be at least 80 feet with limbs easily the size of that one . There are much larger pin oaks .Fact is,in my wood pile there are rounds which are slightly over 4 feet across that came from a big pin oak one of the trimmers dropped off .

Back