The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

ZIPP Line Fun!

• Thread starter Drella
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 2K
D

Drella

I set up a zipp line for the kids in the back yard. The top is set in a Live Oak at about 30' -- and it extends over 80' down to the anchorage point. Luckily, my zipp line was 150' kernmantle,, plenty long enough for what I used it for. Then on the zipp-line I have my hitchclimber attached to a biner with a spinner and another biner attached to the harness. The harness I fashioned from a continuous loop of nylon rigging sling. Then to pull the kids to the top, I had rigged up a pulley next to the top zipp-line which I use to pull them back to the top-- and to control the descent somewhat. They freakin love it! After doing this for an hour or so, I decided to order a childrens harness from Wesspur. That way, it's a little more comfortable than the sling I created which gets tighter with weight added.

Here's a crude draft of what it looks like......

Attachments

D

Drella

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very cool! On the 27th I'm going here with my wife for our anniversary: http://www.skytrekadventurepark.com/
WOW! The prices are great! Something like that is exactly what my wife and I would do with our family. Screw the over-crowded water parks! Before the kids came, we would go primitive camping every weekend at Panther Caves, President- Pennsylvania. We would watch the rock climbers for a while then go to our site deep in the forest and set up a rapell down a 60' rock face. Those were the good ole' days......

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Yah I thought the prices were very reasonable too, but I haven't been there yet either so I'll reserve judgement for now :D. Also it's connected to the 'enchanted forest' theme park so we'll make a day of it and the in-laws will hang with our daughter (3 year old) while we take to the trees.

rbtree

Climbing Up
Very cool! On the 27th I'm going here with my wife for our anniversary: http://www.skytrekadventurepark.com/
Ahhhh!!!

She'll love it, and you to, squish!!

TheZip Trek in Fitsimmons Creek canyon between Whister and Blackcomb is prolly a very cool one as well!!

When I find time, between work, resting my facked knee, and watching the Olympics, I'll post up pics of Mick zipping (very slowly, unfortunately, out of an ivy covered cedar--from Wed.....) right to the cab of the chip twuck.....

J

Jamin Mayer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice detail with the diagram!

Zip lines are fun. They are great for all ages.;)

The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!