Fishing Line

Over here, pike are the smaller of the two species, but in Europe pike get enormous and are as large as our muskie.

The largest Pike caught here was 26,5 kilos,that is about 55 pds. so I think your Muskie has it beat.
I think the biggest one caught in Europe was cuaght in Scotland, but I don't remember the size.
Maybe one of our british housers know?

Mayfield Lake here down on the Cowlitz River was planted with Muskies quite some time ago... It has turned into a great Musky fishery now. One of these days... one of these days.

Gary

G, lemme know when you get time to go fish the muskies, maybe I can make it down to pick up the sraps. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Jeff...anyone sell the heavy duty FC by the foot? All I can find is big spools of it for over 180 bucks:O

free spool of line if you buy a FLW fishing mag at the newstand this month...

Anyone do any Kayak fishing here?

Huh, I thought kayaks where great lures for them big Ochechobee Gators:lol::lol::lol:

Nah, thats for Great Whites you fools:lol:

I still remember about those guys on the eas coast going "skishing". They put on thick neoprene suits and floating out with nothing but bait and a pole. No boat, just the suit to keep them afloat. They drift out and fish off their bellies hoping the curents don't take them out to see, or they don't catch a shark and get eaten before they get dragged out to sea!
One guy talked about fighting with a stripped bass for six hours, then having to swim back in!
I'll pass!

Kayaks are invented so Orcas have something to crashland on!
I assume you've all seen that wonderful video of an Orca jumping on top of a kayak?

so guess not then.......

Ive paddled whitewater for years...figured it mightbegood for fishing.

There is lots of sea-kayak fishing out here in WA state John... I have never been... but everytime I see someone doin' it... I think about droppin' the cash on a sea-kayak. :)

Gary

Im thinking about the Wilderness Systems Tarpon....looks good
14 footer I guess

I fish out of my kayak all the time. Becareful getting hung up on limbs or underwater. I take a stringer with me. Get a life jacket with pockets to gadgets handy, and make sure you get a cooler small enough to fit in or on the boat.

I fish out of my kayak all the time. Becareful getting hung up on limbs or underwater. I take a stringer with me. Get a life jacket with pockets to gadgets handy, and make sure you get a cooler small enough to fit in or on the boat.

you have a sit on top style?

Back