Your greatest vehicle.

Did you ride out of that
ad8245bfa652d8b2766f3a03620efa1f.jpg

I had a 1981 VW pickup diesel for many years. it got 45 mpg and it would tow my 6 inch morbark or a stump grinder like a champ. 600 miles on a tank of fuel. 60 mph top speed. ran it on homed bio diesel. finally rusted out. :( for some reason they don't make good cars like that anymore. I also had a geo metro I bought for 500 that lasted 7 years. 50 MPG and I could fix anything wrong with it with it. Again, I can't figure out why they don't make cars like that anymore.

Nice skate pictures.

I skated for most of my youth and stopped when I was about 21-22. I started snowboarding at that time and my initial impression was that snow is a lot softer than concrete. Thus, less injuries!

Man, how wrong was I.

Coming of a down rail in the park and losing a bit of balance and comeing down on your coxxix from about 5 foot onto solid ice. Felt like I had shit and pissed myself at the same time. About 9 months later I still couldn't do sit-ups.

Or hitting the knuckle on a kicker.

The list is endless and I mostly enjoyed the activity right up to the point of injury.

I had a 1981 VW pickup diesel for many years. it got 45 mpg and it would tow my 6 inch morbark or a stump grinder like a champ. 600 miles on a tank of fuel. 60 mph top speed. ran it on homed bio diesel. finally rusted out. :( for some reason they don't make good cars like that anymore. I also had a geo metro I bought for 500 that lasted 7 years. 50 MPG and I could fix anything wrong with it with it. Again, I can't figure out why they don't make cars like that anymore.

Kevin, they don't make cars like those anymore 'cause they were both crappy little cheap rides that next to nobody would buy...but for a few oddballs :D.

I had an old Datsun truck like this when in my late teens. I never suspected it would be the predictor of things to come. Good little truck. Drove the hell out of it until the engine went kaput on the freeway one day, but it did it in style, just when hitting the off ramp after a four hundred mile trip.

Attachments

• datsun5201966.jpg
    datsun5201966.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 35
Kevin, they don't make cars like those anymore 'cause they were both crappy little cheap rides that next to nobody would buy...but for a few oddballs :D.
You can't even buy a single cab pickup anymore much less one that gets 50 mpg and is less than the size of an airplane. I have a Ford fiesta now which is the shittiest, dinkiest, cheap rides on the market and I am barely cracking 35 mpg on the freeway.

I cant believe there is not a market for compact pickups. They don't even make a Ford ranger these days. Or the old Toyota 4×4s. There is not a truck on the mArket that makes sense for anyone to own

The Japanese small pickups (K trucks) are illegal to drive on US roads. I think a wheelbase restriction. I love my Daihatsu for a work runabout. A good switch to change to 4wd. The only problem is that there are so many white ones about, people get into the wrong ones in parking lots. Making them in colors now. I was sitting in mine at the bank and a lady suddenly opened my door. It could make a good story for a luv at first sight marriage proposal, but I'm already hooked.

Hails ya bro.
I still miss that lil beast,wish I would have kept it as my estimator/desert runner...

I had an S10, the first year they came out. I liked driving it, but I learned a lesson, never buy a new model the first year. It's likely that they still have to work out some bugs. They sure did on the S10.

Back