Would you do this for free?

Carl ,you cant do that tree in two hours or less.
I assume you meant cut it down and clean it up.
Also
What would be the point in even using a lift, ita just be in that way.
Genuis that you are ,no doubt.

Wiley , wow talk about your customer extending the offer .:\::|:
They have lost it totally:?

I don't think that $5300 is unreasonable to remove that tree. I am always surprised how cheap tree removals are on the mainland US.

5 k seems pretty high, I bet 2400 is a bit more reasonable. Hard to tell from pics. A crew of three with a mini could most likely know it out in 6-8hrs

I still dont get why he asked you to do it for free.

In Ft. Bragg a take down with full clean up on that tree would be around 3,000.

That's providing the drop zone in the picture is all usable. No lift needed, but would be handy.

If that stem was just a little longer and straighter, it would be worth some bucks to a woodworker. Certainly cover your lunch money plus some. It's not Walnut, but Beech is real useful.

talk about taking advantage of someones generosity!

couple more. 44" at he butt. unknown height.

i'd charge at least 3500 for that tree,including the stump grinding.hard to be exact with pictures.

tell him to leave Delaware if he doesn't like the prices.Joe Biden could buy it.he got asking price for his place.

Don't do it Dave! I just found out where Delaware is, and it's right next to New Jersey! Save yourself!!! :O

Funny.....I wuz born on the eastern shore of Virginny.....

Aka the Del-Mar-Va peninsula, methinkx.

There's not a hill over 150 feet hi between our farm ( 16 feet above sea level, on a creek, a half mile from the Chesapeake) and Philly. At least that my fragmented mind remembers. We moved away nearly 50 yrs ago.

It is possible to get it on the ground in a few hours more like 3 to 4 in my book, but you never can tell about old Carl.

2k just to put it on the ground seems a bit high.

Why not quote the guy your hourly rate plus travel expenses.

dang men, if none of yall want ta travel let me cut her down. ill get her safely on the ground fer 1500. someone else can clean her up!!

Back