worst crane pick ever

Straight and relatively small picks where there is little movement, staying tied to the ball seems acceptable. Not a beginners technique could probably be said.

Same here Butch. I also let my CO (crane operator) know when I plan on staying tied in when making a big cut, and then explain how the cut will be made and when I plan on removing my line. I've done this more times than I can count, and have never had 1 problem with it.

Evidently, this happened in France. Below is a quote from anther Frenchman who had more info:

"This have happen in France, and from what I've heard the guy is a strong contract climber. He had a really long day , he wanted to notch the whole thing but the boss said do a last piece. His climbing line was set high to help him work with the big saw, maybe he did not left enought wood... He told he crane operator to wait while he was removing his climbing line from the pick. The crane operator mist understood and pull on the piece before he was untie.... "

I even left his misspellings in :)

BTW, I have nothing against the French, as I happen to be 100% French Canadian myself :)

Evidently, this happened in France. Below is a quote from anther Frenchman who had more info:

"This have happen in France, and from what I've heard the guy is a strong contract climber. He had a really long day , he wanted to notch the whole thing but the boss said do a last piece. His climbing line was set high to help him work with the big saw, maybe he did not left enought wood... He told he crane operator to wait while he was removing his climbing line from the pick. The crane operator mist understood and pull on the piece before he was untie.... "

I even left his misspellings in :)

BTW, I have nothing against the French, as I happen to be 100% French Canadian myself :)

Terrible slinging. Nothing to do with the cut or crane op. Climber is at fault. A long day is no excuse.

Back