Winter work gloves

I think this thread needs clarification as to what is considered winter. My version of cold is may differ from others. To me cold is sub freezing 32f sometime below 0f not including wind chill which is often -10 to -20.

Past few winters I've been wearing 5mil nitrile gloves under insulated grippy gloves. The vapor proof layer really seems to help. I almost never work below 20°F though. At that point mittens with hand warmers are the only option for me

Never use warmers. But mittens I use German military trigger finger mittens when its really cold.

I have US military trigger finger mitts, but I haven't worn them in forever. Doesn't really get cold anymore.

SHOWA TEMPEST USED BY COMMERCIAL FISHERMAN. Has a nice fuzzy linear and fits like a glove, oh yeah and has a cool grippy texture! Good for the PNWet winter. 20200810_230013.jpg

Well being as I am in Tasmania...cold is -3c to 5c...ish. today it was about 10c...but the breeze was coming straight off the mountain over the snow...bbrrrrr!

Before we moved here, born and raised in the sub-tropics...cold used to be like 65f, and we'd get paralytic at 55f

I use these. I live in Norway so it can get pretty cold. I find if you get thicker gloves with more insulation, then elbows and hands ache too much as you are gripping so much harder. The pfanners are a great solution for me. Still grippy in the snow and once I get going my hands are lovely and warm.

But I like it (working in the cold)...layer up, two buffs, ninja gloves....good to go!

Last edited:
Back