What cranes do you own/work with?

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
Just curious what cranes people own, or what you work with when you hire. A friend runs a Grove 3060 for his company and for rentals.

that grove has to be the bee's knees for GTW- high capacity and maneuverability with small footprint.

We use National 55t boom trucks most and occasionally a grove 85t, not sure of the model

an outfit in the hood just bought one of mayer's 3060's, 5 y o, should be interesting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's crazy maneuverable and powerful. 5,700#@110', and 2,200#@128' are a couple of picks my friend mentioned. It'll 360 in its own footprint.

Insane capabilties.

So I take it your buddy likes it. And is he paying for it no problemo?

Grove AT635e here, pretty stout little crane that has unbelievable maneuverability , we really get in some tight spots with it. Only problem I have found with crane ownership is you become totally dependent on them. If ours breaks down we are dead in the water. Considering buying a backup crane

2 crane crews? Neva happen, imo.

Dave, your buddy with the new 3060, just wondering what he's like, a tree guy who spends approx 800k on a brand new unit. Crazy hardworking? Methodical? Risk taker? More business man than tree man? Just wondering. My envy wants to know.

Is your boss kicking himself for not getting into it years ago?

Four of the crane ops at Bob’s are former climbers. It’s quite intuitive working with them. We each just know what the other will expect to do. Simply confirm and go. The one who split the spar on me wasn’t a climber and soends time on his cell phone. Have to ‘converse’ constantly to keep his eyes on task ;(

Back