Which model?

• Thread starter Ace76
  • Start date
  • Replies 36
  • Views 4K
The 441 and 361 are pro models, the middle digit is even numbered. With the older models, like an 025, 026, or 066 it's the last digit.

I can't believe I'm telling you this! :?

The 441 and 361 are pro models, the middle digit is even numbered. With the older models, like an 025, 026, or 066 it's the last digit.

I can't believe I'm telling you this! :?

I know what you mean, now that you put it in a complete thought. But if you just say, in essence, "a Stihl with an odd model number is a homeowner model", then you are not correct. Especialy when responding to query as basic as this one. When one reads a three digit number and wants to define it as odd or even, one doesn't look at the middle digit.
:P
:)

The 270 is another thought, about the same power as the 290, a little les weight.
I'd really steer you towards a 260 if you want Stihl.
But two to three times a year, Echo!! Go cheap, it's most likely going to die from dried out fuel in the carb than any use you will put it through.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Due to the slow economy and less hours at work, I will have to buy a cheaper chainsaw. I want to stay under $200. Should I stay with Stihl and get the MS 170 or get something like an Echo or Poulan?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thats what I figured most of you would say. I can get the MS 170 for $179, wich is still in my budget.

Ace, At the level of use and price you are talking about I would avoid the teeny, bottom of the line Stihl and go Echo.

Better value for initial money and less expensive parts and service. Stihl Pro models are superior to Echo I am unconvinced that Stihl "consumer grade" models are superior. Echo products are very durable and user friendly

Back