What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 467K
I have been rained pretty good last week and monday. The nice weather can't last forever, but at least the trees should be very thanksfull by the end of the drought.

Rain rain rain. It seems that the weather wants to compensate the summer's drought. No need to over compensate though !!!
Strong gusts of wind too. I was shacked pretty good in my skinny oaks. Not fun when mixed with the rain.

He'll be fine so will his family but the cows that are going to need help and the first storm is always a pain in the ass. But they are talking some feet of snow in areas close by to him.

We had 170mm of rain last month and my sump pump has been putting in over time. Now we have a blizzard that's supposed to hang around all weekend. The lights are flickering which doesn't make me feel too good. Frigging stupid weather!

Capture 1112.PNG

I have a generator. I'm sure we'll be fine just wasn't expecting winter to come so soon. Should melt enough for Halloween unless we get a cold snap which isn't unheard of.

Had a good frost this morning here. Cold enough the wipers didn’t take it off right away. Had to let the defrost do it’s thing. No big deal. Gave my buddy a few extra minutes with his wife before I showed up to rob his tool box of a few things. He said they were up for a while but she looked awful mad at me. The sun was up. Who sleeps after sunrise?

A month after hurricane Humberto and the trees and shrubs are all greening up again, other than piles of leaf litter on the roadsides and broken trees in gardens, you'd hardly know a cat 3 went through...almost done here in Bermyland then it's back to spring time in Tassie...

Cooling down. Supposed to be 59° and rain tomorrow; a perfect fall day. I need to work, but can't get my gear wet, so I'm not sure if I'll be in it or not. Pulled out my wool blanket a few days ago after using my summer sheet. I usually wait til I'm shivering in bed before I use it. It's an amazing feeling when you're cold as hell, and get a nice blanket on. but I guess I'm getting weaker with age :^D Windows are still open. Need to start thinking about cleaning my chimney...

Hurts the electronics. My stuff was state of the art when it was purchased in the 90s. We were the first company in the state to have a robotic total station. Unfortunately, it isn't state of the art anymore. Seals have gotten worn, and it's all just a little decrepit. Thought I killed the gun a few years ago. I stayed in a downpour to finish just a few more points so I wouldn't have to drive back, and the gun was down for almost a week. I took it apart as best I could to help it dry, but that's waaay out of my wheelhouse...

20150709_144724.jpg

I could get new stuff if I wanted, but it's time to start winding this operation down. Everyone's getting old, and imo, it's better to just make do if at all possible. I don't spend other people's money any different than I spend my own, so my vote is to use what we already have.

Upper 40's and on and off rain here in the Armpit of America. Got the takedown job in today just as it started coming down. Hoping for some more cool, crisp weather ahead.

Back