What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 488K
It's right about 72 degrees at my place today. Was a tad bit warmer in Taos this morning maybe close to 80.

Oh Lordy it was HUMID today!!!

We were in a drought for three months, 8 inches behind on rain going into June, well so far this month as of yesterday we've had 12 inches...all time record for the month is 14"...

Well all this rain has fallen almost non stop for five days, no work...today the sun came out and off I went to work...and all the rain that came down was trying to get back out as HUMIDITY!!:O And its about 80 now.

I had a small job, 2 hrs, take out some old pittosporum, fell one palm, little pruning, load the truck...I almost fell on my a$$!! Got dizzy, I think I had a sugar drop or something...drenched in sweat...whew, four days of couch potatoing (is that a verb?) like I'm a newby all over again!

At least I got two new jobs today...have to suck it up...:D

It is that time of year again, Hurricane season. We are watching what will probably be a rain event on Monday. There big ball of red to the west of us that might push our way.

Over 100 here also. Worked today chipping up a bunch of brush staged from last week.
Chipper overheated (me too) so I strapped the blower onto the front of the the chipper with the air blowing on the radiator.
Works good I was able to finish with the chipper running cooler

Over 100 here also. Worked today chipping up a bunch of brush staged from last week.
Chipper overheated (me too) so I strapped the blower onto the front of the the chipper with the air blowing on the radiator.
Works good I was able to finish with the chipper running cooler

Several years ago when slaving away for Davey Tree, I did a lot of big removals. By mid afternoon when I finally got to the stump we would be in the hottest part of the day and the saws would be too hot to run well. I would make my groundie hold the blower at half throttle and aim it at the side of the big saw while I made the stump cut. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough fresh air flow for it to get enough oxygen to run. I also benefited from the breeze.

A few years ago I had pickup troubles and I borrowed a Chevy pickup from my neighbor. When the starter on his pickup would get hot it wouldn't engage. A few times I took out the blower and set it on the ground pointing up to cool the starter off. I finally bought a OEM starter from a wrecking yard for $40 and problem solved. Got a few strange looks.

Back