What's the weather like in your neck of the woods?

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 486K
a3VarVv.png

D^:

It's 10° cooler in my house than it is outside. Got to wear my new Bifröst Tshirt today, so that's cool I guess. I like the fit. I was concerned about the xxl size. They said to order a size up for a normal fit. I was afraid it would be a tent, but it ended up working out.

Went out to look for mini ornaments to put on the little dwarf Alberta spruce I got for my mother, but didn't find much. Holy shit I forgot how awful christmas shopping is. People all over the place, and overheated stores. I felt physically ill walking around. She'll have to settle for the mini balls I got from the thriftshop, and some small bells from the craft store. I also have battery powered led lights for it.

Look at this crap...

NCG6Jm7.png

Another day getting home from work, and opening the door to warm the house. I prepared a fire, but I'm not gonna even bother. It's too warm for that, and will be even warmer tomorrow. I've worn thermal underwear 4 days this season, and used my warm gloves once. Haven't even worn my Navy blueberries yet, cause it's too warm. This winter sucks :^S

Looks kinda nice anyway.

Just got home from work and opened the door. Take a bit of the chill off...

I found my garbage cans five houses away, the bucket my wife uses to pick up dog poo was found at the entrance to my subdivision about about 1500 feet away. But tree damage was minimal in my area. We’ve had a series of bad storms a few years back that really thinned out all the week trees. Those storms brought me seven days a week for six months worth of work. The winds were much nastier over by Lake Michigan we didn’t even loose power.

We lost power last Saturday from the wind. Off 26 hours. They brought in 800 power crews to be prepared. Pretty extensive area they had to cover.

Makes you appreciate power. I can't remember how long it's been since the power was off for more than an hour or two.

10°C fall today. It was well frozen. Not hard, but it stayed frozen all day in the shadow, despite a sunny weather. I had to heat up my fingers with the exhaust of my ms150T, while my boddy was almost too hot. I hate this feeling.

Raining tonight. We really need it, but I wasn't expecting it to happen. I split some oak and left it on the ground expecting to get it later. Gonna be awhile now.

Had a tense ride into work this morning. 33°, and when I got to a major hill the temp dropped to 32°, and I could feel the truck losing footing on the frozen rain. Thinking "shit! shit! shit!", turn off overdrive, and try to fatten up the turns on the way down to the bridges. Pretty slippery. another .25mi up the road, there was a cop blocking the entrance to the rural highway. I guess someone wrecked. Supposed to be 43° and windy today.

Been very wet here too. Temps are forecast to drop in a couple of days, and drop even more next week. Should give us some snow.

Us too. Already gave notice to a client we have pines to remove for. They get more snow than some because of their topographical placement. A bowl against mountain. Need 4wd just to get trailers and gear in and out when its dry. Not going to happen with snow.

Back