What type of cell phone?

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
So i love my black berry, anybody else here going for the fancy stuff?
ATT is the only server that works here in my canyon ...

Palm Treo on Verizon.

I rarely have to take my laptop anymore.

I just checked into getting a 'smart' phone because I wanted to have only one device for my addressess and telephone. I use a palm pilot and it was going out.

Surprised to learn that you cannot buy one of these phones unless you 'get on board' with their data package. Which means going on line. Never go on line with my phone.
These data packages are an additional 25 bucks a month. I already pay over a 100 dollars.

Forget it, just not worth it to me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I need to learn more uses for what ive got . So far though i love what i know.

I don't go online with my phone either. I can't even find a suitable phone without a built in camera! My current phone is almost 2 years old and I've never used the camera, probably couldn't take a pic with it if I wanted to. The only way I'm aware of getting the picture off the phone is to email it, which requires an additional level of service which I will not buy. All I want on my phone bill is phone service. No text, no pictures, no online access, no gps navigation, no video games, no tv, just a phone.

I just checked into getting a 'smart' phone because I wanted to have only one device for my addressess and telephone. I use a palm pilot and it was going out.

Surprised to learn that you cannot buy one of these phones unless you 'get on board' with their data package. Which means going on line. Never go on line with my phone.
These data packages are an additional 25 bucks a month. I already pay over a 100 dollars.

Forget it, just not worth it to me.

I'm surprised to hear that. I had my phone about 5 months before I decided to pick up a data package.

Brian, if you have the PC to phone cable, or if your phone takes a memory card, you could drop it into your PC directly.

I'm surprised to hear that. I had my phone about 5 months before I decided to pick up a data package.

I'm gonna look into it again, by asking another phone dealer. Thanks, hope your right.

My mobile and my home phone,, love em' both!

Attachments

• get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg
    get_smart_shoe_phone.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 45
  • img_7.jpg
    img_7.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 44
went from a basic flip phone with camera etc alongside a Palm M130 to a Palm 700 Treo smartphone, never looked back.
about $110 a month I get 400 or so minutes free, 5pm to 7AM free calling, 5 friends that I can call or text unlimited (nationwide), unlimited email and web surfing and unlimited texting. I have apps downloaded that I can access my PC at home via the phone (sorta like PC anywhere), MP3 player, take and view pictures and videos, any sound file as a ringer, IR out lets me use it as a remote for many tv's, vcr's etcetc, download and view PDF files, download, manipulate and save/send excel, word and other files...

plus it has my schedule, synches with my computer via the USB, 2 gig SD memory card with lotsa music and many pics loaded.... alarm clock, calculator.... its the bee's knees. :)

Sounds cool what the new trick phones are capable of. I've not looked into them, and never use the camera in mine--for obvious reasons----ya'll know why....

But, as i carry mine in my pocket whilst working, and aloft, I've always wanted a durable one. I have recently found what I wanted, a ruggedized Casio branded as a Verizon G-Zone Boulder....water resistant, shock proof, with rubber plugs that tightly seal all connectors. Side benefit, keeps the sawdust out!!

Trouble is, I gotta send it back, as the sound is usually scratchy and sitorted. Read on Phonescoop. com that that issue has plagued these phones....Weird...

Ther'es another one that might be good, a Motorola.....I shied away from it, as I've had some poor experiences with that brand.....

Rog, the higher end moto's are pretty good.

Samsung makes the toughest on average phones for the masses...

Hows the iphone holding up to rougher use - I know they have some good cases out. I beat the crap out of my phone climbing - scared to upgrade.

So far the iPhone is holding up well. I have a protector on the screen and I keep it in a baggie while it's in my pocket so it doesn't get soaked with sweat. It fits in the little arborwear scrench pocket perfect without a case but not at all with one.

I keep a silicone case on it when I'm not wearing climbing pants. With the case it actually cradles nicely between my ear and shoulder so I can use both hands when talking.

It's tougher than it looks but I don't always carry it in the tree with me like I did the Moto... But the Razor died after 14 months.

I use an HTC Mogul on Sprints Network. Verizon, and ATT both have versions of this phone. I love it, very powerful, Windos Mobile, Camera, and one of the best screens for viewing pictures and videos out there.

I'm on Verizon using the Casio GZone. Waterproof and burly so far. I take it white water kayaking without any extra water protection. Dust stays out of the phone while working. I am pretty hard on phones and this one seems bomber.

Took me a minute with your Avatar.

I'm getting anothe Razor V3 as I just lost my first one.

It's alright but I'm not toooo gadgety.

I have a Sony Ericsson Cyber Shot, great 5.0 mega pixel camera but a strange problem with the wake up alarm, sometimes it goes off, sometimes not and it even goes off, sometimes when it's turned off.

Voodoo.

All I want on my phone bill is phone service. No text, no pictures, no online access, no gps navigation, no video games, no tv, just a phone.

Sorry Skwerl, I don't think they make those anymore.

We just got iPhones at work. Very nice, but I'm not sure how rugged they are. I love having my music with me, and the size is perfect.

Went through a couple HTCs in less than a year and recently switched to a Blackberry Pearl and a Samsung U740. I put them on a family plan but use them both. Blackberry is for the biz and it is the number in the yp, biz cards etc. Samsung is my personal phone and I'm very protective of that number.

Back