Weekend of ham radio

• Thread starter NeTree
  • Start date
  • Replies 69
  • Views 6K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probably sounds to you about the same as Japanese to me. :lol:

HAM radio seems like the internet of yesteryear. Talking to other operators isn't any stranger than what goes on here.

The internet has slowed ham quite a bit for sure, but it's the challenge, figuring propagation, which band and area of a band, that will be open, trying to work it out so you can hit countries and area's you have not worked before.
Or just getting on and seeing where it takes you. You have NO idea who you are going to hear any given time.

Again, CW isn't my cup of tea, I like the audio bands, talking to someone as if they were on a phone, but not.

I'm on the voice portion of the bands most often too, Andy. I try to hit all the OMISS HF nets.

You do get to meet interesting people, and hear perspectives you don't find in the media. And do it in an interesting way, for sure.

T4WD2H756.jpg

TM1AGB5658.jpg

T2B4AEI22510.jpg

Can you make your conversations private, and do people ever communicate in code?

I loved reading about the navy people who broke the Jap command transmissions code during WW2. A daunting task.

You guys are peaking my interest. Where is the best place for info on the licenses required?

Back