Wall of Shame: Wannabe Experts

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/JTqZGYWbb28" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I suppose the other guys are pretending it's all ok. A sort of default mechanism as if large limbs land on the truck every day.
Embarrassing for sure.
I suspect the guy at the end with his back to the camera was the boss.
He didn't seem at all amused, serious bollockings a bit later I'll wager.

Nice to see all the hardhats as they are walking around in the danger zone.

Wow. That guy who took the vid seems like a real gem too. Must be a sizeable company. Seemed like there were endless guys standing around shaking or was that twitching. Gong show.

"Why's he shakin'?" I be shaking as well working with that mob. Frank Parenti Tree service.:\:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NBz-BnKNw0Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know them. This video surprised me when I first saw it. Well established reputable company.

For real? Is that the owner at the end? Are all those guys milling about employees? And the cameraman?

I wont get into much, as I don't need this or that coming back to me. The video surprised me is what I will say.

I'd never rig my bullrope like that in a V crotch w/o guying that limb off. That accident was completely avoidable.

It looked like it surprised a few people. That was some gnarly cutting/rigging. Looked like zero concern for ppe, I understand that's normal some places. Shaking boy seemed overly excited and the camera man seemed like he had it all figured out and was wanting to let everyone know by the end.

U would think collectively, they would have the experience to know that was a bad rig.
I've done rigging like that but I at least backed up the crotch with sling or braces just to be safe.
In a bucket no need to go cowboy like that. should of just rigged it to itself.
If you ever have to say" I think this will go like this " think again

I've been lucky to have be blessed with a weird 6th sense when it comes to rigging. Many times I've set my rigging, cranked my saw, then something in my head tells me to re-think what I'm doing. I'm not shy to stop what I'm doing and redo everything.

Maybe that was an audition tape for one of those 'reality' shows...

I'll say one thing, that's a bloody good pole saw!
Honestly Chris I couldn't see too much hideous there, pinched his saw under silly circumstances, but got the tree on the floor, not too stylish admittedly.
It's difficult to judge without being there.
I like the American phrase "armchair quarterbacks"
Anyway, not sure it belongs on the wall of shame.:)

Back