update from central lousiana

Well,I certainly am happy to hear that Butch is okay .

My dumb little bud Tom has the bright idea to chase those storms .He's attending a funeral in Tenn. tomorrow ,then off to La. to scope out the situation .Better he than me .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yup, thats what I figured.
so are you working during the issue Doc or are you staying home with the family?

Both, I work from home now but without power or internet this is the first day I've been able to work all week.

V, yeah he told me last night he was working today.. Its overcast here now.

Clean up, eh? HAHAHAHHA! Good on him, we will be doing it next week. It is going to be hard to leave here, knowing we can help in getting things back to normal. If it is a cat 4, we might leave. We have a place that went through Donna, and might stay there. It is early though.

Nice to see he was able to check in. Making sure his house is still running smoothly. I heard on the news that they are getting power up faster than anticipated.

What makes you say he logged in, V? I'm almost certain he didn't. Talked to him last night and this morning and I'm sure he would have mentioned it if he had.

Nevermind, I see it on the activity log. But its an error, butch is still completely down.

Tell him we'll keep a light on here for him ! All the best; hope things get sorted out there. Weather, BAH !!!

So, Doc, you are back with power and all? MB still doing clean up work? :D Tell him his peeps miss him, but are behaving nicely. Well, execpt for Wilt, he is wacking out on the Next President thread, talking about the next VP's boobs. :lol:

You better quit teasing him about the cleanup work, V. You know he will spank you!

Poor old Wilt. Confounded by my girl Sarah, just like the rest of the dems. hahahaha.

boobs? Heck I went googling for pictures of her and didnt find anything untoward, very modest in fact, what a dissapointment!

oh, yeah, hope we see MB soon :P

Careful y'all!

"Faucets" to you, Paul....don't forget.

Good to see you around, Doc. I didn't see it mentioned...but I hope YOUR new home weathered the storm ok.

hahaha indeed! THATS probably why google wasnt finding what I was looking to see....

search google: Palin, awesome faucets... I am feeling lucky..

hahahaha

true, I searched for pics of her, just for the heck of it, came up with about 4 or 6 regular pics that seem well endowed with judgment and character, no funny business at all!

here you go boys :D

God I love this woman!

Attachments

• palin.jpg
    palin.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 95
Sorry folks but I gotta say it... You good folks down in the hurricane belt have been dealing with them since the earth was flat and starting to cool but have made no attempt to protect infrastructure and like from the menace;.... yet year after year Millions and now Billions are thrown at the cities and towns to rebuild them....

I think it's BS.

In the North we deal with snow storms, hurricanes (but much smaller... whew), tornado's, and adjust our yearly operating budgets accordingly.

But year after year the same infrastructure (hurricane belt) gets replaced with tax payers dollars (federal) with the same result.

It's time your local and state gov'ts delt with it locally.

Sorry for the rant but it's really time for your local and state gov'ts to step up.

Brian, Umm....lets NOT have any guvmints steppin' up, nor in. How about everyone individually take responsibility for preparing for their own regional weather events?

Doc, thats cool! any pics with bigger firearms? that looks like a .22 rifle at best....

Nice guns though, I give you that much, better tha I could find in pics.

Sorry folks but I gotta say it... You good folks down in the hurricane belt have been dealing with them since the earth was flat and starting to cool but have made no attempt to protect infrastructure and like from the menace;.... yet year after year Millions and now Billions are thrown at the cities and towns to rebuild them....

I think it's BS.

Brian, I will rant with you. I could not believe they bussed all those folks out of New Orleans. Are you kidding me? Bussed them out of there, put them up, told them when they could return....I don't want that much government in my life.
I can assure you that nonsense does not happen in Florida. You want to get out of harms way, you either go on your own, hook up with a friend that is leaving, take the public bus, take a Greyhound bus, something...just don't expect the government to send down airconditioned chartered busses to get your butt out of here.
In terms of helping restore infrastructure, I think the assistance we get down here where I live, would not be any more than you would get after a tornado or some other natural disaster. Your power poles are going to be put back up, your roads are going to get cleared, those sorts of things are going to be taken care of.

Doc, thats cool! any pics with bigger firearms? that looks like a .22 rifle at best....

Nice guns though, I give you that much, better tha I could find in pics.

Crossman 760... it's a pellet gun.

Back