Twisty cherry log drop

mistahbenn

Treehouser
Just another day. After notching it and seeing the rot inside, I decided on some extra support...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1QulraPHqy8?list=UUplFE6m21Du1C13tnRwkZPw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice.

How do you like the loader, what one is it? Last I knew you had a mini.

I think one of his guys pointed them out in the video. Minor damage. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. That was one twisted up cherry. Always fun to take down.

Some of my clients would throw an absolute fit over that lawn. Others wouldn't care a bit.

Agreed TreeBilly.

I was thinking about the homeowner.

If it were me I would be happy that the tire marks were done while making something safer. That was a neat system of pulleys and levers!

I dont have to deal with folks on a daily basis, so I have little idea what you tree folks go though.

Grass roots are still in ground. Some would balk, most wouldn't, around here. A little taking (Edit, make that raking)helps pattern-interruption, a key to bidding things from the eye.

If someone complains, I refer back to my at-the- bid statement... We can make you a high-impact, great big mess and leave, or do zero impact tree magician everything just disappears service, and all points in between. What are you after? Clearly more work is more cost.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There were sprinkler heads and a bbq that didnt get touched, the yard was a little rough, not pristine, and the tree was awkward so I did what I had to do....get that sucka on the deck. Also the house was being renovated, not that that would have much to do with the decision.....

By writing very detailed estimates and knowing what questions to ask the client before giving the estimate/bid.

Yes.

I specify with details about what to expect and who will do repairs--- property owner accepts ruts/ holes/ divots/ turf damage and will mitigate impact.
---owner accepts x,y,z, we will fill with soil and grass seed. PO will water as needed.
---logs will be skidded across lawn. We will/ will not reduce impact with plywood.

Since I bid and am on jobs, a lot of fine details are oral agreements. Red flags/ golf course / CC houses (red flag) gets specific written details.

Got to say I'm more of the "well of course there's a hole in your roof, didn't I mention that?" School of business.:)

Joking, joking, but a lot depends on your reaction, if they say " there's a dent in the lawn" don't immediately offer to re turf it. Just ignore them or say "yes there is" if they then start demanding you fix it, start negotiating. Often they'll say nothing and you're off the hook.

Some collateral damage can be excused.

90% of my jobs are for HO's who are helping or having friends/family helping. I usually take pictures before and after of the area when major sections of the tree are worked/ taken down. I've dropped/rigged large limbs safely in tight areas with so many breakables it's not funny.... only to watch from above the HO's/help to throw a limb or a chunk of wood into a window...or windows....or while using their chainsaw cutting a limb smaller also cutting a pressurized garden hose.... or deep enough underground sprinkler....

Back