The Tree House loves TreeStuff!

Tsumura bars

Frankie

I Build and Run Ported Saws !
That’s why I run STIHL chain (ps 63 and RS ) Magnus , maybe not the “Best” off the roll , but after a few sharpenings they cut well ...and for bar STIHL or Cannon ... flip bar after maintenance / sharpen chain ... I have cut and split 1000 cord easy ... I recall something about the bars not lasting long because of inferior steel

lxskllr

Treehouser
Yes it is.

Thanks for the replies everybody.

I won't be buying any right now, however.

Richard cleaned out the filing shop in the lunch wagon today and found 6 new 20" bars that someone had placed on the top shelf, where nobody can see them, and forgot all about, apparently.

So we are good for bars the next 2 months or so.
Might be worth picking one up for testing purposes, and then you'll know. Better to try it out while you don't *need* it, than go off internet opinions, and find they don't really work for you. I have the luxury of being able to have a saw down for awhile, or lose a bit of money on a purchase. I don't need my saws to produce income. Having gear that works correctly is more important for you.

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Large Husky D009 24" 3/8 050 84DL. Didnt even get a chance to put it on a saw for a try and was sold.

Can feel the difference in the nose weight. Can see where it would come in handy for the guys with longer bars.

Now if you run stihl mount. Stihl LW is even lighter.

24" D009 Oregon powermatch in 050 poulan bar and 058 in jred bar. To compare to Tsu LW.

bartsu24weight.jpg baropmweight.jpg barsjred24weight.jpg

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
I had one of their 36" which IMO is really 37" and 119DL 3/8. @Naturarbo

I was 2nd owner and it was ran on a 2095 for years by 1st owner. I traded it to a 3rd owner now for milling set up.

That bar just wouldnt wear out.

ptsu.JPG
p475119dl.JPG

Reddog

TreeHouser
If you can get Tsumura light or Sugi lights, they are both worth a try.
Tips can be a issue if greased.
I clean a brand new tip with a air hose then soak in bar oil before using. Then just run them.
Have not had a tip fail yet, knock wood.

I would put them as good as the German made ES bars.
And better then any Blount bar or USA made ES bar.

Stig, Hope all is good with Richard and yourself.

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Since Sweden just happens to be next door to Denmark, it doesn't cost more to have stuff shipped from there.

Thanks, Wally.
We're fine.
You too, I hope.

Now you've all giving me a hankering to try those bars, might just order a few, even though we found that stack og new Stihl bars.

Frankie

Large Husky D009 24" 3/8 050 84DL. Didnt even get a chance to put it on a saw for a try and was sold.

Can feel the difference in the nose weight. Can see where it would come in handy for the guys with longer bars.

Now if you run stihl mount. Stihl LW is even lighter.

24" D009 Oregon powermatch in 050 poulan bar and 058 in jred bar. To compare to Tsu LW.

View attachment 98027View attachment 98028View attachment 98029
Seems all use guys from Ohio have “digital scales “. Hmmm:/:

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Seems all use guys from Ohio have “digital scales “. Hmmm:/:
Never noticed myself.

But to run a small shop it is a must. ;)
My scale has more then paid for itself. Nice gift from the wife years back.

I use it for weighing the saw box and then print Fedex and ship.

Seems like you must stalk alot of folks to notice who all has what. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jed

TreeHouser
Stig: I have only had Sugi Haras. But I think that you cannot go wrong with Tsumara. I am beholden to Tsumara because of Jack Bealar (Hotsaws101 on youtube) whom all of us PNW folk are required to worship on pain of death. He seems to rather like them, and I think that you can't go wrong here.

Frankie

Tsmura bars are good quality .... Cannon bars are even better ... For what the guy from the “land of fruits and nuts “ charges for saw builds you’d think his bars “wood” be made of military-grade unobtainium !

Frankie

Never noticed myself.

But to run a small shop it is a must. ;)
My scale has more then paid for itself. Nice gift from the wife years back.

I use it for weighing the saw box and then print Fedex and ship.

Seems like you must stalk alot of folks to notice who all has what. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Use “Ohio boys” ain’t got much of a sense of humor do ya ?:P ... you’re not affiliated with Brad S aka “snailerizer” in any way shape or form are ya ?

Last edited:
The Tree House Loves TreeStuff!