Tree Risk Management Pubs--At Last!

treelooker

Treehouser
"How can we maintain this beautiful asset in a safe way?" is the first, and often only, question tree owners want answered. I'm often in doubt, so reading and referring to the directions is the only way to competently answer. This earns clients' trust, and o btw their money! :grin:

In an amazing coincidence, the UK publication on risk came out the same week as the ISA Tree Risk BMP. For anyone interested in how it looks in the UK legal and societal context, here ya go. url=http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/FCMS024.pdf/$FILE/FCMS024.pdf]http://www.forestry.gov.uk/pdf/FCMS024.pdf/$FILE/FCMS024.pdf[/url]

The ISA BMP http://secure.isa-arbor.com/webstore/BMP-Tree-Risk-Assessment-P516.aspx
will set members back $15, and will have far less pretty pictures, but, I am guessing, more actual guidance. They are both ~ 100 pages, and both years in the making. Before getting too jealous of the UK version, keep in mind it's a government production. George Harrison's lament about their 95% tax bite:

Let me tell you how it will be
There's one for you, nineteen for me
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah, I'm the taxman

Should five per cent appear too small
Be thankful I don't take it all
'Cause I'm the taxman, yeah I'm the taxman

If you drive a car, I'll tax the street,
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat.
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat,
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet.

Don't ask me what I want it for
If you don't want to pay some more

Now my advice for those who die
Declare the pennies on your eyes
And you're working for no one but me

Ordered mine on Monday, waiting on the root management BMP:/:
They changed it from TRACE to TRAQ, it will now be a qualification rather than a certification even though you will get a certificate upon completion. I got to hear Nelda Matheny give a presentation on it last Saturday. Looks like they did improve on the chapter version

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
waiting on the root management BMP:/:

Willie, you'll need an iron lung if you're holding your breath for that. The ANSI root standard *may* be done in 2012, and the BMP will be after that.

Dunno much about the qual, but it sounds like they are on the right "TRAQ" :lol:

Re "Pub", just trying to get y'all's attention...

Chop chop, they said to give everyone your email address if there were questions and said we may light a fire under you:P

Chop chop, they said to give everyone your email address if there were questions and said we may light a fire under you:P

Whoever this "they" are, let em show their colors toot sweet! Chop my ash; I dint see any other hands raised to take it on. :what:

OM, i wish my kids' wish lists were as humble as yours! :roll:

Yeah you know where the button is, and maybe the steam will power some progress on it. I'd rather just sit and read and compare/contrast the uk vis a vis the isa risk pubs, but no one assigned that little task. :|:

o well gotta pay some bills first...thanks for the nudge though.

darn i was thinking, of sipping a pint, talking to a young lovely, all the while glancing over isa pubs on a computer...hey thats what we need a ceu...bar... maybe the test score would come out to low..but its a thought

Back