Tree felling vids

I really just blundered into it :) I had a lot of friends that were asking me to put a video of myself falling a big Redwood tree on Youtube. It was on vhs, and I finally figured out how to convert it to digital and got it on there...I put it and another video of my cutting partner falling his big redwood. Well, when I put them on, I was asked if I wanted to monotize my videos, and after reading about it I thought, ehh, what the heck I'll see if I make a couple of bucks on it. Well, I got bombarded with tree hugger hate comments, and was getting sick of them and was about to pull my video (I was getting death threats). I found a link at the bottom of my video that showed that some tree hugger had tagged it and made a comment about me wanting to "kill all the redwoods" which I had said after I got sick of arguing with them and just decided to be a dick. So, like I said, I was about to pull it, and was sitting around one night and realized I had never seen a nickel from google, and decided to log into the little account that I created, and I saw a 7 hundred and some odd dollar figure that said belonged to me, and the reason I hadn't gotten it is because I had not given them my bank account info for them to deposit it! I have made almost 1800 bucks since July of 2011 :) Not bad for a dumb old logger boy. I have 1,168,893 views, and 166 subscribers. I used some of my google money to buy my helmet cam, and should probably invest in a good program for turning out some better videos...just not sure if I have the patience. I am happy with the money I am making now.

That's called winning. You got paid to whack the tree, and now you get paid to let losers watch it and cry themsekves to sleep over it. Winning!

Chris, too funny, I stole that for a new signature!

I have just over 3000 views on my youtube channel, I cant imagine I have missed all that much revenue..

Thanks for the details Cody!

Alas, the morons at youtube have locked me out of that account. Nothing I can do about accessing that account, they don't answer emails or SHIT.

Thanks for the details on youtube money...cool how that worked out for you.

"Not bad for a dumb old logger boy. " :lol: Not bad at all...that's just plain good.

Tarzan: Been meaning to thank you for the urban clear-cut for quite some time now. It's because of pro cutters like you that res. arbos like me have a fighting chance when we try to get gutsy! I been lucky the last several times taking Firs whole cause my cutting has been improving a lot. Can't believe how accurately you cut from your off side. Never seen someone remove wedges so fast to gnaw on the butt like that either... cool. Say... do you always tend not to dog in very much when you're in small wood like that. That sort of impressed me... the fact that you cut so well like that too. I tend to dog in if I'm fallin a Huckleberry twig.

This is probably in here already.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WvyDZ8n8FLM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have seen A video of that before. However, that's the best high-def version I've seen. It's hard to imagine how he managed to get it to fall that way. He must have cut through his hinge or at least cut it so thin he broke it with the wedges. Clearly the hinge failed which was hard to see in the earlier videos.

My guess was he had a dutchman on the side that failed. That would explain why he was driving wedges so hard to no effect on a tree that looked like it should have sailed over. Like he drove the wedges hard enough to break the hinge on that side. Be curious to read others thoughts on what happened

Either the wind is with you or it ain't.

The wind wasn't with that guy. It doesn't take much when you're friggin up, to begin with.

Willie's dutchman idea seems to fit the situation.
If he had simply cut the hinge thin enough to break like that, the tree would have wedged over easy.

Bad workmanship, simply. It was a tree that any competent faller could have put in the lay without the help of lines.

Back