Tree felling vids

Nice.
If you can limb and buck as smooth as you can fall those peckerpoles, you'd make a hell of a pulpcutter.

Trees that size is just what the felling bar is great forforcing over. Way faster than wedges.

I got the "Needle gauge" trick from Burnham. Really useful and previously unknown in these parts.

OK, now I know the pain meds must be to blame, and I didn't watch all of Cory's nice felling so probably missed a memory nudge or something...but help me Stig, "needle gauge"?

OK, now I know the pain meds must be to blame, and I didn't watch all of Cory's nice felling so probably missed a memory nudge or something...but help me Stig, "needle gauge"?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 5.55.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-23 at 5.55.51 PM.png
    296.9 KB · Views: 38
Ahhh...thanks, Jack. Not a term I use, but now I'm understanding. I hadn't watched that deep into the vid...short attention span these days :).

Appreciate it.

That was a beautiful cedar. I worked in a few over the years. Pure enjoyment to watch, Thank you.

Cody you got it down, man! I worked pecker pole patches that paid by bushel. You have to cut a lot to make any money.

Read the favor and don't waste time. Buck a log, if it has one, and go to the next. I'd burn a gallon and half a day cutting pecker poles, for days on end.

Some days it paid and days not quite to my satisfaction.

Great video of skill and experience. Thank you.

Some time in the early 80's we clear cut a 5 acre woods of big hickories and second growth pecker pole ash trees .These dead EAB ash we have around here now are hard as a rock but those nice green ones some thirty years you could fly through .

Hauled those ash poles out and ran them through a 36" buzz saw for about 3 years afterwards .Thousands of them .

I hope Kevin Bing saw that video from Ian in the cedar. Thats the highest quality video made yet featuring his RW. I watched a lot of them, thinking about getting one, none of them clearly illustrate how it works and show it action better. Best of all it looked like a great time!

Nice job Ian, good video and editing! I liked the music too.

It shows... great economy of motion.. no wasted time or energy... and an ass kicking saw to go with it... for those of us that only watched about 3 or 4 minutes.. did we miss much???
Thanks :) You didn't watch the whole thing? Every other tree was a challenge...hell I had to jack a few of them! LOL...no I just suck at making videos and need to learn how to edit better. I was trying to show a few little tricks in there and realized after I made it how long and boring it might be...Anybody know of a cheap and easy program for making better videos? That was windows live movie maker.

That was a beautiful cedar. I worked in a few over the years. Pure enjoyment to watch, Thank you.

Cody you got it down, man! I worked pecker pole patches that paid by bushel. You have to cut a lot to make any money.

Read the favor and don't waste time. Buck a log, if it has one, and go to the next. I'd burn a gallon and half a day cutting pecker poles, for days on end.

Some days it paid and days not quite to my satisfaction.

Great video of skill and experience. Thank you.

Thanks Man, that means a lot coming from you :) Since I started at such a young age, I had to cut a lot of dog hair. I spent a lot more time on the trees in that vid, than I would have out in the woods, just to be dang sure not to lose one on his house. I busheled most of my career so I learned to treat the shit patches like shit, and the good wood good.

Finished watching it today Cody. Nice work man. HO do the clean up?
Isn't funny how a little pecker pole can make you drive wedges so damn hard sometimes? LOL I have had a few that just pissed me off. Stop, throw a line in and yank lol. Oh well. Sure could use a day like that here.

They don't have any weight to them .If you leave too thick of a hinge the damned things will just hang going over .There you are danged little tree sticking out at a about 45 degrees going no where and you with thumb in azz pissed .

Yeah thank god the client did the cleanup :) I tried to talk them into waiting til the pine beetles are done flying but they needed to get it cleared asap.

I hope Kevin Bing saw that video from Ian in the cedar. Thats the highest quality video made yet featuring his RW. I watched a lot of them, thinking about getting one, none of them clearly illustrate how it works and show it action better. Best of all it looked like a great time!

Nice job Ian, good video and editing! I liked the music too.

Cheers, Theres another, better one in the pipeline. BUT with the Uk the weather is normally quite poor and filming in low light is terrible. Also we dont have huge open trees like in AUS so struggle to find anything to compete on the tree size of Frictionhitchery and Ropewrenchery.

Thanks again, i spend a fair bit of time photographing and filming from height so hopefully if i have a nice day like this one can knock out a good amount of film in 8hrs.

Cody, the cutting them high and then ALAP'ing the stump had me wondering.
Is that because you are used to running full wrap saws, so you can't get the saw body close to the ground?

I didn't sit through the whole 45 minutes, it reminded me too much of being at work, so I just browsed through it.
If you edited it down, it would make a good instruction video for small size falling, with a good emphasis on the " just get it done" part.

Sometimes I do that if I don't like the way the holding wood looks closer to the ground...most of the time it is just habit from my timber falling days when I would high stump it because I knew it would have to be long butted anyhow....better to cut it off the stump than fall it and have it bury in the dirt (especially on soft coastal ground) and chance dinging your chain.

I was hoping to be able to fast forward that whole video with sound, but my program would not let me...probably would have been corny anyhow. I have turned into a video making fool since I started making money on Youtube with it :)

You can have ads before and during your videos... You become a partner and monetise the videos.

Cody,

Can you give us some scope of the benefits from you going that direction? I have seen the links and such obviously but never thought that with my limited viewership that it would be worth it compared to say Jenna Marbles getting 5 million plus views in the first day on any stupid video she puts out.

Back