Tree felling vids

Wow, I post the most civil response to Stig's latest post and mine gets deleted. Is there a neutral reason for that, Butch?

What, Stig can call me and Cody assohles and tell us both to go frig ourselves and I get my post taken down? I never had to resort to name calling to get my point across, unlike Stig.

The AS grudge is alive and well here.

I'm done.

Ya, Dangerous tree removal...because of the dangerous climber, with 18 years experience, as he tells it.

Strikes me as a rock climber turned tree climber, which is fine, I am one.

I know a very experienced, strong, old-school rock climber with sore elbows from jumars, as he doesn't believe in climbing spurs, or arborist ropes (uses old rock climbing dynamic ropes), or a POW (he uses three munter hitches in series, at times, if you can believe that).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QQmtEdOphy8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/50SrzqvtWK8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MaT9B4XNncc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Big boys toys fo sho!!
That feller buncher is a serious tool

Thats where the "buncher" part comes into play. I worked a lot around several versions of fellers. Clear cutting small trees is awesome with a feller buncher. It just keeps bunching em up in the head and grabbing more.

I was lucky enough during the logging chapter of my career to get to work around a JD feller buncher, a Timbco with a Rolly 2 processor head, and a bell ultra t. It did nothing for me long term but give me some ohhhhs and ahhhhs.

Picking bouquets of trees with that feller-buncher was cool. And, working that close to the tipping point takes some serious skill (and a fine pair of other assets) ... very impressive!

They're fine machines and they can really put the wood on the ground.
The downside is that a lot of fallers don't have any work because of them.

You're not alone in that way of thinking, AL...excellent definition in my book. I'll settle for success anyday. Smooth, efficient mastery of cuts would be nice but there may not be enough trees for me to cut to get that good.:D
Nicely said.
And true for me too.

About the felling skill, it was a little hard (but very true) to realize that I'm only a "backyard firewood cutter",:whine: like Stig said last week in an other thread.;)
What kind of falling are we talking about here, backyard firewood cutters or pro fallers.

A pro faller does not have to concentrate on getting his cuts to line up, that should be instinctual.
I hope I'm a little more well placed on the arborist side.:scratch:
:lol:

Sean: Man, that's hilarious. The first thing that I thought when I watched the Willow guy was, "rock-climber, turned tree-worker." Talented guy. I'd thank him for posting the vid even if it plays the same part of Beethoven's Fifth about nine-million times. He seems like a nice guy though. Who cld possibly do treework for eighteen years and buy a 192T, and not use spurs? And why does he cut salad out of that Willow?

Pete: Dull and tedious for sure!!!

Go ahead and delete that comment too. I was trying to be nice before. You delete my comments on here where I am not calling names, just debating my post...

I came here because there seemed to be some good heads here...but if I cannot defend a post that I put up while somebody else can talk smack...then cull me now...

BTW...the vid that stig posted and the one of my Brother...no comparison...different methods, geographies, tools, and trees.

Last edited:
Cody, chill.
First off, this isn't AS and there's a shitload of talent here. We come here to relax, not to compare dick size.
Second, as good as you may be, you're still the new guy on the forum. You haven't yet earned the right to be top dog or center of attention 100% of the time. Relax, kick back and quit taking every single comment so damn personally. We don't know you well enough to insult you personally (yet).
Third, Stig can be a bit of an ass sometimes but he's incredibly skilled as well as being a fairly interesting person. He has a strong personality (as many tree guys do) and you two managed to get under each other's skin. Just leave it alone and quit picking the damn scab. No reason to ruin the atmosphere for everyone.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go email Stig and tell him to quit being an ass as well. :)

Cody, you have only been in the treehouse a short time, Stig quite awhile. Not saying there is a pecking order, but respect takes many forms and sometimes without objectivity. It takes a bit to see how the place rolls. Without the who is right or wrong thing, people here in the main, aren't into bickering and it has been a long and valued evolution to get to that point. I think deleting posts is because for most of us, it just gets tiresome to read that sh*t, whether you think you need to defend your position or not. Minimizing one's personality for the sake of the whole is a pretty valuable thing, though sometimes it isn't easy. If you want to reconsider and still hang around, just thought I would take the liberty of mentioning that.

I didn't see Brian's post before I put up this one, just duplicating what he said pretty much.

I came here because of some of the talent that I recognize here; No comparing dick size for me :lol:...I definitely do not want to be top dog here...is that earned by how many posts you have? Stig made an arrogant comment about my post and I defended it...with arrogance, mind you, but I am entitled...the thing that I am pissed about is he gets to tell me to frig myself and call me an AShole, and when I get on today to make peace, (no name calling) my post gets deleted?? WTF?

I know I just joined, but if you guys think I am going to sit back and let somebody who gets mad because I called him out our for hackin on my posts, talk shit while I take it and say nothing back...you have seriously misjudged me. :)

Last edited:
So what else do you want? You've gone on about this for over a day now. You've made a dozen posts about it. What exactly do you want in order to stop? A ransom? Why are you going on and on already? Perhaps AS might be a better fit for you.

Are you kidding? I want to have my voice heard if Stig gets his heard...If that is not the case then I have no business here!

Last edited:
That is because my post was deleted this morning where I was trying to make peace...I even picked out this stupid little hippy picture to make it lol :happyhippy: I don't care if I have not been on here for long...I deserve to have my RESPECTFUL post heard! Why is everybody so touchy about a little spat on here anyhow?

Back