Tree felling vids

LOL nice! I have the same feeling, some times I think I was bron in the wrong century or at least half a century.

Hahahaha..what an image...a forest so dense with Old Growth that it is uninhabitable...what a challenge that would be.8)

With every passing day it turns into more of a "dream". I feel lucky to have experienced what I did for as young as I still am, but it was nothing compared to some of the guys of Jerry's era in a coastal environment. I would love to go back a hundred or so years in time with my big saws, tree jacks and chisel chain grinder! Hopefully they will soon find another planet that is covered with Old growth so dense that it is uninhabitable...til they send me there to open it up for habitation :) There I go day dreaming again...

I read where James Cameron has you in a bit part as the faller cutting down those trees in Avatar 2! :lol:

Not really.
It didn't take that long to rid America of virgin forest, with todays tools we could do it a lot faster.

http://www.endgame.org/gtt-oldgrowth-map-us.html

No such thing as virgin forest, IMO. If man didn't change the woods, Mother Nature damn sure did. And she's a lot less gentle about it!

I shouldn't have coined the word "Virgin forest" from the map. There are places in the world, where Mother nature doesn't f... with the forests much, and when she does, only slowly.

I don't see much difference between a clearcut followed by burning the slash and a "mother Nature" type of apocalyptic event.

And before you start thinking me a treehugger, remember that I've done my part of clearcuts, followed by burns.:lol:

Can't remember if this one was posted before....

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7jrHAMVYWxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is my Brother from another Mother...Pat. Damn good Timber Faller...and a helluva character as you will see...

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2x7MXn5zuEw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2x7MXn5zuEw?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Great video and great skill too! Really a pleasure to watch it. :)

Nice and smooth operator, for sure.
And the dog melted my heart.
Around here, having to recut your face like that would detract from the points given, though.
A real good faller is expected to match his cuts first time.

Cody, you gotta watch out for Sitg. He is god of all Denmark fallers.

A real good faller? He is a real good faller, and he was cleaning out his undercut. He matched those cuts near perfect. Why don't you post up a vid of yourself falling a tree, for all to judge, since you seem to be such a good judge of what a good faller is?

Would you mind spelling "God" with a capital "G":lol:

I can match up my cuts.
Does that make me divine.
Don't think so, since I've had apprentices who could match their cuts after 3 years.

I don't know how to make videotapes.
On my homepage www.skoventreprenoeren.dk bottom of the front page, there is a video of me dropping a beech tree.

You'll notice that the cuts match up, first try:D

Man, that was awesome! I am so humbled now. I grovel at your timber falling feet. Seriously? You are comparing what I just saw in your vid to what my Brother did? If you ever showed up on any crew that I ever worked on with that attitude, you would have been tramped in a hurry...and I have worked with the best there is, bar none :)

Jeez.
I've seen several videos of good fallers from the west coast and they all seem to do that extra touch up of their face.
It is not considered good form here.
If I'd known you'd get your panties in wad over my comment, I'd never have made it.

I know from reading the forestry thread omn AS that unless you are a PNW logger, you are nothing at all, so I should never have presumed.:lol:

pissing.jpg

Back